What Stace had to say on Friday, February 10th, 2006
Wasting time

Can someone tell me why I spend all day trying to find time to write, then when the Faery falls asleep and I can do some writing, I’m wasting time blogging/reading other blogs/fantasising about Dr. Troy?

The sleeping Faery who, btw, took her VERY FIRST STEPS today! Walked about two feet, right into the Hubby’s arms. Aaaaw. She’s almost a toddler! I can’t believe it. Soon I will have no more babies, just little children. And then the last faint echoes of the urge to have more babies will disappear forever. See, I think most people want more babies as their kids grow up. Not me. I spent the first year or so of Princess’s life, and the whole last year, desperately wanting another baby. Once they get a little independent, though, and I realize I have some free time again…I’m gone. No more diapers for me. It’s cocktails and fun from there on out.

Princess is still sick. Its the most pitiful thing in the world. But kinda nice. When I don’t have to take her to school I can sleep late.
But I’m also not getting my exercise and shall start gaining weight again if I’m not careful. :-(

7 comments to “Wasting time”

1. Indigo Black
    · February 14th, 2006 at 3:01 am · Link

OMG, I’m supposed to be writing right now, instead I’m here reading your blog. LOL. Procrastination, the bane of all writers.

I don’t have children but occasionally I get the urge. Then I spend time with my sister’s children and that cures it.

Hopefully the youngun’ feels better now and you had an enjoyable Valentine’s weekend.

2. Buffy
    · February 15th, 2006 at 3:59 am · Link

I don’t wait for moods. You accomplish nothing if you do that. Your mind must know it has got to get down to work.

Pearl S. Buck

This is my new mantra.

3. December Quinn
    · February 15th, 2006 at 5:08 am · Link

By all means, do whatever you can to curb the urge to have cildren, indigo. Really. They’re horrors. Procrastination is indeed a bane, but having little people in your lap all the time is worse.

That’s a great quote, Buffy! I’d write it on a Post-it for the computer, but my procrastinate-y mind would decide it didn’t look “inspiring” enough, so I’d want to put it on a nice piece of paper, probably in calligraphy, and frame it, and thus waste a whole day on a reminder to stop wasting time. :-)

4. Mac
    · February 21st, 2006 at 8:17 pm · Link

Congrats on the carpet-crawler’s first steps. :)

5. Sha'el, Princess of Pixies
    · February 27th, 2006 at 11:51 am · Link

Yes, dear, I can explain it. As much as we love our children, caring for them is tiring. They wear us out. So, they fall asleep. We heave a big sigh, and turn to that which relaxes us.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I’m returning the favor. And, I agree with the comment you left.

6. December Quinn
    · February 28th, 2006 at 3:47 am · Link

Thanks everyone! Mac, I haven’t been commenting much but I’m still reading.

You know, sha’el, I used to think writing was something that relaxed me. That was before I’d actually worried about getting published/following up what I published with more to build a name. It’s still the most fun work one can do, but not quite so relaxing as it used to be. :-(