« And

What Stace had to say on Monday, March 13th, 2006
Whew

Chapet Two getting much better reviews. Makes me a happy girl.

7 comments to “Whew”

1. S. W. Vaughn
    · March 15th, 2006 at 8:39 am · Link

As well you should be. :-) I enjoyed the chapter quite a bit, and I haven’t even been mildly interested in historic romance in a loooong time…

BTW, December, I picked up Torrid Temptations Vol. 1 a few days ago and bumped it up the ol’ reading list. Gonna check it out this weekend!

-S

2. December Quinn
    · March 15th, 2006 at 10:31 am · Link

Aaaw, thanks! You’re so sweet.

Just so you know…it was supposed to be “hot enough to scorch (your) eyebrows”…and judging by the reviews, it is.
    You are warned.

(And, smashing another idea anyone reading this might have of me…just cuz I write it, doesn’t mean I do it.) 😉

3. December Quinn
    · March 15th, 2006 at 10:33 am · Link

Oh, and the thanks was for buying the book and for the compliment. Made me feel much better to see good things up there.

I love historical romances. I’m just not a fan of most of the ones out there now. It’s been fading as a genre lately, but mark my words…a few years from now it will come back.

And I’ll be ready! Muahahaha!

4. S. W. Vaughn
    · March 16th, 2006 at 8:35 am · Link

I will coat my eyebrows with petroleum jelly before reading TT1. Thanx for the warning! :-)

I used to love historicals until they got — well, sucky. Haven’t read a good one since Johanna Lindsey’s Savage Thunder (not exactly historical, but still “in the past” :-).

You can lead the resurgence!

-S

5. Bernita
    · March 18th, 2006 at 8:17 am · Link

Once they realized you weren’t just throwing stuff at the wall to see if it stuck…
    Funny how perceptions of a writer’s knowledge affect.

6. December Quinn
    · March 18th, 2006 at 9:18 am · Link

Exactly, Bernita! You hit the nail on the head there-that’s why I was so bothered by the comments on the first.

Still glad I did it, though, especially since I’m not the only one so freakily in love with Gruffydd. I do adore him. :-)

7. Bernita
    · March 18th, 2006 at 12:42 pm · Link

He is everything one wants a fictional hero to be, frankly.