What Stace had to say on Wednesday, September 6th, 2006
Cover

This is the cover Triskelion designed for The Black Dragon. I really like the medieval font they used for the title.

By the way, a comment elsewhere made me realize I need to stress something. Despite the nakedness on the cover, this is NOT an erotic romance. Yes, there are several fully consummated love scenes, and they are explicit (although not as linguistically graphic), but this is not erotic in the way some of my other work is-i.e. sex in every chapter. I hope that doesn’t stop you from reading it, though! *grin*

12 comments to “Cover”

1. Jenn on the Island
    · September 6th, 2006 at 11:00 pm · Link

Font?

Really?

2. December Quinn
    · September 7th, 2006 at 5:25 am · Link

Yeah, the medieval looking writing. It’s my favorite part of the cover. I asked for a medieval font, and I got it.

3. Anonymous
    · September 7th, 2006 at 6:22 am · Link

I have never liked the Trisk covers. They are soooo copy and paste and, to me anyway, that makes them really cheesy. The font is cool, though and I’m sure the cover doesn’t do the writing justice. -JTC

4. December Quinn
    · September 7th, 2006 at 10:47 am · Link

Thanks, JTC. :-)

5. Jenn on the Island
    · September 7th, 2006 at 12:07 pm · Link

Ok, that didn’t come out right…

What I meant was:

Font? You’re looking at the font when there are so many other interesting things on the cover. Like the hot naked guy….

6. Erik Ivan James
    · September 7th, 2006 at 1:30 pm · Link

I gotta say, with all honesty, December, the cover in its main doesn’t turn me on a bit.LOL

I’ll agree nice type font though.

7. December Quinn
    · September 7th, 2006 at 2:42 pm · Link

No offense taken, Erik. Believe me. :-)

Ah, yes. The naked man. He is awfully…there, isn’t he?

8. S. W. Vaughn
    · September 7th, 2006 at 3:20 pm · Link

Oh. my. GOD.

Please please tell me this is going to be in print. I wanna hold that man…

LOVE it!

(Sorry the guys seem to disagree…)

9. Colleen Gleason
    · September 7th, 2006 at 3:58 pm · Link

LOL, jenn.

It’s a great cover! And I love the font too…really, the font. And the guy too, of course, but the font is cool too. 😉

10. December Quinn
    · September 7th, 2006 at 6:15 pm · Link

Thanks SW and Colleen!

SW, if it goes to print, I’m pretty sure it would have a different cover. You can always print a copy of the ebook cover, though, to look at if you want. I don’t actually think he looks at all like Gruffydd but what writer does think the cover people actually look like their characters? :-)

The important thing is you ladies seem to like it!

11. Bernita
    · September 8th, 2006 at 6:44 am · Link

Um, is “dragon” a mis-spelling for something like “draggin” him off?”

12. Angie
    · November 14th, 2007 at 11:39 am · Link

Sorry, I know this is old but I had to comment. This bit:

I really like the medieval font they used for the title.

made me seriously laugh out loud, to the point where my neighbors probably heard me. 😀 Talk about damning with faint praise!

I can see what you mean, though — the new one is definitely better. This one isn’t completely sucktastic; I’ve certainly seen worse. For example, it beats all those, “Look, I got a poser for Christmas!” covers one sees. [cough] The people are so lifeless, and the “art” is significantly worse than this. And the guy’s reasonably nice looking, which isn’t always the case.

But this one’s pretty generic — naked dude? Romance. Castle? Medieval. And… that’s about it. And if it’s not actually erotic, then the naked dude is kind of misleading, which really isn’t good for you or your publisher. Misleading the readers on the marketing end might help sell one product, but it’ll make it harder to sell the next. :/

And besides, what’s he supposed to be doing standing on the front steps there starkers? [bemused squint] Especially since it’s obviously pretty cold out. [cough]

You’re right, though — the font is very nice. :)

Angie