What Stace had to say on Monday, October 9th, 2006
Okay…

Let’s see what you guys think…

I will very likely change the music, but that song is so evocative of the book to me (it’s what I listened to when writing, because it “is” Gruffydd) I wanted to at least share it this way first.

Be honest…is it terrible?

12 comments to “Okay…”

1. Robyn
    · October 9th, 2006 at 1:03 pm · Link

The link says “no longer available.” What is the song/group?

2. December Quinn
    · October 9th, 2006 at 1:51 pm · Link

It’s up now, it hadn’t loaded yet.

3. A.E.
    · October 9th, 2006 at 2:54 pm · Link

It’s totally bitchin!!!! I love it. Wouldn’t change a thing except take out the ‘sadness’ part. I like all the other descriptive words but that one just didn’t do it for me. It seemed too…angsty or passive or unheroic or something. But that’s just me. Great job on the movie, now I’m inspired to tackle the whole business again, lol.

4. Robyn
    · October 9th, 2006 at 9:43 pm · Link

Very cool. I’m with A.E. I’d take out ‘sadness’ but I loved the rest!

5. Bernita
    · October 10th, 2006 at 3:03 am · Link

“Sorrow” might be a stronger word than “sadness.”
    Some of the type was not sharp/bold enough ( on my screen only, maybe)- not enough contrast to the background. Liked the background graphics.
    Basically good.

6. Erik Ivan James
    · October 10th, 2006 at 7:00 am · Link

Whoa…that dog’ll hunt! I agree with the rest about ‘sadness’, though.

Yes, ma’am. Good job.

7. Jenn on the Island
    · October 10th, 2006 at 10:36 am · Link

I like it, but I’m not sure about the music…my first thought was something less contemporary, but when I watched it a second time, I thought of the new version of Paint it Black by Gob (I think) which is more contemporary…

Helpful, aren’t I??

8. M. G. Tarquini
    · October 10th, 2006 at 6:20 pm · Link

Better than I could have managed, December. Way to go! I had a hard time reading the titles though, not enough contrast.

9. Tawny Taylor
    · October 11th, 2006 at 6:53 am · Link

Very nice! Makes me want to read the book!

One word of warning: watch using free MP3 music downloads that aren’t “public domain”. You’re most likely breaking the site’s terms of use, which can get you banned from the site and/or sued.

Most (if not all) of those sites specifically prohibit any kind of public performance (which your trailer would qualify as).

10. S. W. Vaughn
    · October 11th, 2006 at 7:18 am · Link

Ooooh, I love this font! :-) The sadness didn’t jar me as much as everyone else, but I think Bernita’s suggestion to use “Sorrow” instead is perfect.

Other than that — SWEET! The Stones song rocks, but like Tawny said you could get into copyright issues there (glad you posted it with that first, though!).

You might want to browse around MySpace. There are tons of bands there that create ambient music you can use free for anything. That’s where I got my spooky little tune.

(Isn’t WMM fun?! :-)

11. December Quinn
    · October 11th, 2006 at 7:31 am · Link

Thanks everyone!!

Yeah…I know about the copyright thing, which is why I’ll change the music (thanks, though, Tawny, I wondered if just maybe it could be passed off as fair use…didn’t think so but I was hoping).

Thanks for the tip, SW! I’ve been having a horrible time trying to find public domain music. So I’ll look there.

12. Anonymous
    · October 11th, 2006 at 8:00 am · Link

It won’t play on my computer, but whatever it is, I’m sure it’s cool. -JTC