Okay, it’s this quiz thingie going around, where you pick your sixteen favorite movies, and choose a quote from each one, and now you guys have to guess the movie from the quote and I’ll write your name next to it when you guess it. When I see that you’ve guessed it, anyway, and if Blogger cooperates, which it hasn’t been. (And still isn’t–I’m having to make three or four publish attempts every edit.)
Most of these I’ve tried to pick slightly-more-obscure lines from minor characters. But a few, like the first, would have been virtually unguessable had I done so, so I’ve gone with the one you’ll know.
1. “To crush your enemies, to see them fall before you, and to hear the lamentations of the women.” Conan the Barbarian–Jenn
2. “I could be home right now, drinking this monster eggnog my brother makes with lighter fluid!” Better Off Dead–Cherie
3. “I wrote my phone number on it, in case you feel like dockin’ at my moonbase some night!” Free Enterprise
4. “And I’m Gary Cooper. But not the Gary Cooper that’s dead!” The Sure Thing
5. “Is being an idiot like being high all the time?” The Machmaker–Cherie
6. “They took the little ones…” Lord of the Rings (this is from Fellowship but I love all three films equally)–Robyn
7. “I’m gonna need two dragons.” Starsky & Hutch
8. “She’s not keen on him! She’s only keen on me!” About A Boy–Isabella
9. “You don’t whack guys! Look in your heaaart!” Miller’s Crossing–Evil Editor
10. “I’m talkin about working for a living! I’m talkin’ about sharkin’!” Jaws–Robyn
11. “We neither of us perform well for strangers.” Pride & Prejudice–the good Colin Firth version, not that Keira Knightley travesty
12. “I apologize. I always thought you were a cold, calculating sort of officer. But you’re really…quite emotional, aren’t you?” The Dirty Dozen. It was even #12 to give you a hint!
13. “It’s Christmas. It’s the time of miracles.” Die Hard
14. “I’ve known loan sharks more forgiving than you.” The Ref–Cherie
15. “Well, that’s the big trick, isn’t it?” Star Wars. You should all be ashamed of yourselves for not getting this one.
16. “Are you sure? Because it looks like he’s…leaning.” While You Were Sleeping–Robyn
So there you go. Guess away.
We’re going to Cardiff tomorrow, so hopefully I will have a couple of pictures to post on the blog. If we remember the camera. And if we don’t get up in the morning and decide we don’t feel like it after all.
WIP currently at 58k. October has been the most wasted of wasted months as far as work has gone. Between the laptop/juice thing, and the hubby’s job interviews, and my friends expecting me to, like, actually talk to them and stuff…ugh.
And I so have my fingers crossed that my hometown team wins the World Series…but I’m not talking about it because I don’t want to jinx anything…please don’t let them choke *again*.