What Stace had to say on Friday, February 23rd, 2007
Some Friday Odds and Ends

You know, I’ve noticed I tend to do these little rag-end posts every week or every other week or so. I think I’m going to start just doing them on Fridays. Things that aren’t big enough to do a regular blog post on (by my admittedly long-winded standards) but that I want to share anyway.

I invented a delicious soup the other day. Really, really tasty, with chicken and little meatballs and carrots and dumplings. I was going to post the recipe, but it’s rather long. That made me think of how I still owe little bird blue the recipe for peanut butter cake.

But I hate to clutter up this blog with recipes, which some people enjoy and some don’t, you know?

And then I thought, I have that whole Deadjournal just sitting over there on, uh, Deadjournal. And I did spend so much time making it pretty.

So the Deadjournal is now officially the December Quinn Overflow Blog. Where I will post the occasional recipe or excerpt or whatever (always alerting you, of course). So the soup recipe is there now, and on Sunday or Monday I will post the peanut butter cake recipe.

Item Two is, I will be in London tomorrow. I am going to see Daniel Radcliffe (that’s Harry Potter, yes indeedy) perform in Equus. So I won’t be here at all, my train leaves here at 9 am and I won’t be back until after midnight.

And…my fellow Indulge Authors and I are going to have an exciting announcement to make very soon! March 1st…be ready.

11 comments to “Some Friday Odds and Ends”

1. crowwoman / rhian
    · February 23rd, 2007 at 11:27 am · Link

Can you sneak a camera into the show? I saw the photos that Darragha posted. Holy toledo! Little boy is all grown up! Have a wonderful time!

2. Robyn
    · February 23rd, 2007 at 9:05 pm · Link

Give us a review of the show! I always loved that play.

3. littlebirdblue
    · February 24th, 2007 at 12:13 am · Link

Yeah, I’ve seen those nudie-Potter pics. Yowsa.

4. Isabella Snow
    · February 24th, 2007 at 3:46 am · Link

Toss the kid some clothes while you’re there. Getting a bit tired of his pedo pics rounding the internet.

5. December Quinn
    · February 25th, 2007 at 4:16 am · Link

No, we were in the stage seats (right above the stage) so it would have been extremely obvious had we been photographing. :-) But yes, he is indeed all grown up!

6. December Quinn
    · February 25th, 2007 at 4:18 am · Link

It was an excellent show, Robyn. Really, really well done. Gripping. The performances were incredible–we gave them a standing ovation and they absolutely deserved it. Really, I can’t praise it highly enough.

I’m not sure how I feel about the play itself. At its base it felt a little facile to me. But that’s the play, not the performances, so doesn’t reflect on my overall enjoyment of the experience, which was wonderful.

7. December Quinn
    · February 25th, 2007 at 4:20 am · Link

Yes, lbl. He really is most attractive without his clothes on.

I haven’t seen any of the “pedo pics” Isabella. Perhaps I’m not looking in the right places? But then I saw the real thing, so that was good for pedo me, who thinks he’s pretty hot (and legal in the UK, btw!) 😉

8. Isabella Snow
    · February 25th, 2007 at 5:39 am · Link

I dunno, I thought the full frontal pics were a bit much. Legal or not, he looks too much like a little boy for me. Cute, yes. Sexy? Not to me. Not even a little bit.

*shudder*

9. December Quinn
    · February 25th, 2007 at 7:24 am · Link

To each his or her own!

10. Sam
    · February 25th, 2007 at 10:42 am · Link

I’m so envious you saw the show – I bet it was terrific.
    Can’t wait for the good news!!!!!

11. December Quinn
    · February 25th, 2007 at 10:54 am · Link

It was, Sam. Really amazing. You should try to make the trip over for it, if you’re at all interested–very much worth it!