What Stace had to say on Friday, April 13th, 2007
Quickie

I’ve blogged about Friday the 13th over at the Deliciously Naughty Writers blog, so go check that out, because it’s all about superstitions and stuff.

Remember when you were a kid, and Friday the 13th seemed like such a big deal? I miss that.

Anyway. I shall probably do another post later, and I have a rather interesting week planned for next week as well.

(BTW, I’ve had another thought about Vonnegut. It seems so many people are talking about how they read him in high school and how much it meant to them. I’ve even seen one or two comments about how they read him again later but his work was so much a part of that time it didn’t work.

I never read him in high school. Maybe that’s why he leaves me mostly cold? Admiring the skill and cleverness, but not really enjoying the stories or the sentiment behind them? Just a thought.)

10 comments to “Quickie”

1. bunnygirl
    · April 13th, 2007 at 9:12 am · Link

I had totally forgotten it was Friday the 13th! I guess that explains a lot about my morning. LOL!

Vonnegut was considered too subversive for my early ’80s suburban high school, so I didn’t read him until I was in my 20s. Like you, I liked his writing, but didn’t care for his stories so much.

2. Seeley deBorn
    · April 13th, 2007 at 9:41 am · Link

I’m signing the papers to sell my house today.

Personally, I worry more about the Ides of March than Friday the 13th.

3. Anonymous
    · April 13th, 2007 at 2:13 pm · Link

I’ve never been supersticious and I don’t think I’ve ever had bad luck on Friday the 13th -knock on wood. -V95

4. Seeley deBorn
    · April 13th, 2007 at 10:25 pm · Link

My alternater conked out on the way home from the lawyers. In the pouring rain.

The girl at the Ford dealership (where i took my Saturn) insisted it was because it’s Friday the 13th. I suppose. It sure was lucky I broke down right outside a place that could fix it.

5. Bernita
    · April 14th, 2007 at 2:48 am · Link

Considering how the calendar has altered over the centuries, I can’t get excited about it.

· April 14th, 2007 at 7:27 am · Link

You hit just about every base in your post for a Friday the 13th. Throwing salt over the shoulder reminded me of those two guys in ‘Supernatural’ loading the shotgun with salt to blast ghosts with. The little lambs going postal on lamb chop day was interesting. :)

7. McKoala
    · April 15th, 2007 at 1:03 am · Link

Late to the party, but: Vonneyuck.

8. Scary Monster
    · April 15th, 2007 at 6:28 am · Link

Me still gets all kinds of suspicious on friday the thirteenth. Me don’t trust anything and Me don’t make big plans.

Me never read KV’s stuff when me were in college. Me happened on it later in life and me has liked both the succinctness and irony ha brings to many subjects. A man who made silly sci-fi into very serious business.

Don’t count yer STOMPS before they hatch.

9. Rhian / Crowwoman
    · April 15th, 2007 at 7:13 am · Link

i had a true friday the 13th. really. it was actually kinda freaky all the things that went wrong as i was setting up for the Darryl Worley concert. Food not arriving for the band, printers not finishing banners for the tents so people would know where the hell to buy beer and tickets to get in (that was kinda important), ignition keys snapping in half, cameras breaking, falling off stage, it went on and on and on. Anything that could go wrong did. Well, except that Darryl had a great time and the show itself went off without a hitch.

10. Bernita
    · April 16th, 2007 at 4:39 am · Link

Though I very much agree with your reluctance to mention something lest doing so will jinx it.