What Stace had to say on Sunday, April 22nd, 2007
Feedback and stuff

So first thanks again to everyone who offered thoughts and suggestions re: the website. On Sam’s suggestion, I checked out Moonfruit.com and started playing around there last night.

So. This is my old site.

This is the one I’m playing around with. I’m going to add the “Books” page, with clickable images of all my covers, which send you to the book’s individual page with reviews and excerpts and buy links, which I couldn’t figure out how to do really well on the old site. It’s very, very easy to import images and put them wherever you want on the Moonfruit template.

The biggest problem with the new site is, I can’t import my rose tile background from the old one (I can’t import any graphic backgrounds to Moonfruit, as far as I can tell) and I can’t import the cool background from the site to my blog here (can’t get an html code for it.) Moonfruit does a blog but I like blogger (despite the &%@$! with Beta) and don’t want to switch.

So essentially, I need to either switch to a plain background on the site to match a new plain background here, or they have to not match. Which I don’t know how I feel about that.

Eventually I’ll be able to get a cool graphic logo to put on the top of the blog and site to unify them at least that much, but for the moment I can’t afford it. :-)

So. If anyone has a minute, could you check them out and tell me what you think?

Also, as you’ll see if you have a look at the “News” thing on the new site, I’m very happy to report another sale to EC! My crit partner/writing partner/most excellent buddy Anna J. Evans and I wrote a paranormal menage this winter called “Demon’s Triad”, and it will be the first in a series called “Dangerous Magic”. We are incredibly excited because the book ROCKS, seriously.

So that’s four sales to EC for me!

16 comments to “Feedback and stuff”

1. Bernita
    · April 22nd, 2007 at 4:27 am · Link

Even the word “template” gives me hives…
    Another EC sale?
    Pudding = proof you rawk!!

2. Anna J. Evans
    · April 22nd, 2007 at 6:05 am · Link

Hey D, sending you an email, I can make you something for the header if you want. I’m not a pro, by any means, but me and photoshop piddle a bit :).

And yeay! on our sale. I really love this book too.

Anna J. Evans

· April 22nd, 2007 at 8:26 am · Link

I like the new page, and especially the background you picked in red: very nice. I hope you can figure out the import problem. Maybe there’s a user forum you can post questions too. Great news on the two new sales.

4. bunnygirl
    · April 22nd, 2007 at 9:08 am · Link

The new site loads much slower for me. I wonder if anyone else is having this problem? If I were on a modem, I woudln’t mention it, but I’m on wireless DSL.

I’ve read that if a page loads slowly, visitors will get bored and not wait. So you may want to see if others are experiencing the same difficulty I am.

As to looks, though, I like them both just fine. The new one looks more mysterious and sexy, so it’s really a question of whether you’re advertising the erotic or the romance in you’re writing. 😉

5. December Quinn
    · April 22nd, 2007 at 9:57 am · Link

It does make one itchy, doesn’t it Bernita? I’m actually finding this process pretty painless..but when I start redoing the blog I’ll be having fits, I know.

I reread some of it yesterday, Anna. It really is pretty good. :-) Thanks for the email-y goodness.

Thanks Bernard! I think the whole thing may end up being simpler-looking, which is okay. As long as I can keep all my blog widgets and stuff. The action is all here with you guys anyway!

Hmmm, that’s not good bunnygirl. Is anyone else having slow loading problems?

Yes, I am definitely going for a deep eroticism thing here…my work seems to be getting funnier and kinkier at the same time, so I’m not sure how to reflect that visually. I figure this is a good bet.

6. Rhian / Crowwoman
    · April 22nd, 2007 at 12:50 pm · Link

whoa – i LIKE the new site! congrats on the new sales. a double-dose of you and Anna…whew, that’s gonna be some book.

7. December Quinn
    · April 22nd, 2007 at 3:15 pm · Link

Thanks Rhian!

Yep, our first book together is really good, but this one is so much…deeper? Definitely darker.

8. Robyn
    · April 22nd, 2007 at 5:58 pm · Link

Okay. You knew it was coming.

EC sale #4?

Fangurl SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! OMG i luv u ur amazing email me back pleeez SQUEEEEE!!!

9. Serena Joy
    · April 22nd, 2007 at 6:42 pm · Link

I really, really like the new look!

10. Michele Lee
    · April 23rd, 2007 at 12:11 am · Link

Looks nice and fancy :) Lots of places have the black back with white or colored text though. I love the red.

11. pacatrue
    · April 23rd, 2007 at 2:00 am · Link

Congrats on all the sales to EC. That’s wonderful.

Your new blog design makes me think “vampire”. But you know how I dig vampires and would love to become one in a minute. 😉

12. Seeley deBorn
    · April 23rd, 2007 at 2:37 am · Link

I love the new look!
    Congrats on yet another sale!
    Yay, you!!

13. December Quinn
    · April 23rd, 2007 at 2:57 am · Link

Lol, Robyn, but I seriously doubt I’ll be getting emails like that ever in my life! So that message of yours was officially my Fan Letter. :-)

Thanks Serena!

Yeah, Michele, I know it’s common, but honestly I couldn’t really think of other colors to use that wouldn’t be all wrong, if that makes any sense. That bothered me a bit as well but hey, I figure at least the fact that it’s not an uncommon color scheme means people won’t be irritated by how hard it is to read!

Lol Paca, yes, you are the vampiriest vampire wanna-be EVAH.

Thanks Seeley!

14. Rebecca
    · April 23rd, 2007 at 10:13 pm · Link

hey cool new blog. It loaded normally for me – but I just wasn’t sure I was in the right spot.

15. December Quinn
    · April 24th, 2007 at 4:27 am · Link

Lol thanks Rebecca! Sorry about that, I did kind of spring it on everyone, didn’t I?

16. Isabella Snow
    · April 24th, 2007 at 6:28 am · Link

Whoops, that other comment was mine, lol. I just tweaked something in a blog I designed, and firefox logged me back in as her by mistake.

Anyway………as I was saying!

1. You write more than anyone I know! Congrats on another sale!

2. I like the new blogover!

3. My blog and website don’t match cos I didn’t want them to when I designed them, so if yours don’t, don’t worry!

3. I like the new blogover!