What Stace had to say on Saturday, May 12th, 2007
An Important Announcement

Per my request, as of May 11th Triskelion Publishing returned all rights to The Black Dragon to me!! I am no longer associated in any way with Triskelion Publishing!

This is excellent news for me and I couldn’t be more pleased. While I certainly wish Triskelion and all of its authors the best in future, the company was not a good fit for me and I am thrilled to be able to take my book elsewhere.

Break out the champagne!! YEEEAAAAAH!!!

29 comments to “An Important Announcement”

1. littlebirdblue
    · May 12th, 2007 at 5:31 pm · Link

DUDE! Does this mean a potential NEW COVER? That would be worth a celebration, no?

2. kis
    · May 12th, 2007 at 5:57 pm · Link

Yeah, bye-bye, Lou Ferrigno! Hello, some good-looking guy with pants on who combs his hair.

I’m glad for you, DQ. You don’t know how much I felt for you when that cover came out. I’m not up to speed on all the issues you had with those guys, but cover art is major. (I have a hard time even browsing on Changeling’s website–they might have the best books in the world, but I just can’t get past the bad art.)

Wahoo!

3. Seeley deBorn
    · May 12th, 2007 at 7:32 pm · Link

Yay! Knowing how great it is I’m sure it will be snapped up shortly!

Are you ging to stick with epubs or give print a shot??

4. December Quinn
    · May 12th, 2007 at 11:32 pm · Link

YES!!!! No more ugly Lou Ferrigno guy!! Man, I cried like a baby when I saw that travesty. It was exactly what I’d asked them NOT to do and it just was awful.

KISSS!!!!!! Where have you been, I thought you weren’t my buddy anymore!
    You can always email me if you have any questions or anything.

Well, Seeley…given that it has already been published, although briefly, I don’t think it’s necessarily the book to take to the big leagues, especially as it’s not erotic so is different from anything else they would expect to see from me romance-wise (which is where my problem in selling it came back when I started selling it, which is why I went to Trisk first and they said they wanted it three days after my initial query).

But, shall we say, I think ebook and print is a safe bet. :) Don’t want to say too much yet!

5. December Quinn
    · May 12th, 2007 at 11:33 pm · Link

And yes, cover art is HUGE. It makes a book look like shabby crap when the cover is bad. Like if the cover is so unprofessiional, the writing can’t be much better.

6. kis
    · May 13th, 2007 at 12:44 am · Link

Never fear, December, I’m still you’re bud. My folks were just out visiting for a week or two, and they’re a tad, um, high maintenance. If I’m not right there shaking my big stick every minute, they start bickering worse than my kids. And it’s hard to tear my mom away from computer solitaire in all its demonic incarnations, so I went days at a time without even going online. Plus, they like to take me shopping, and, well, anything to make them happy, right? I got some cute new shirts for work and a pair of capris out of the deal, and they got the joy of lavishing love and cashola on their baby. It’s a win-win situation, am I right?

7. Rebecca
    · May 13th, 2007 at 4:24 am · Link

Hey – sounds great – a whole, finished book to sell. yay! If you haven’t already thought of it (which I’m sure you have) you could give Samhain a go – they publish non-erotic stuff.

Good luck with it – whatever you decide to do. :)

8. Bambi
    · May 13th, 2007 at 4:40 am · Link

Go girl – sell that puppy through someone else. Triskelion. Blech! More EC books for you! But careful with them too, most of their covers are shit as well.

9. Erik Ivan James
    · May 13th, 2007 at 7:49 am · Link

I’m glad you are having it “your way”, December. You are good enough to have it your way, at least in part.

Happy Mother’s Day.

· May 13th, 2007 at 1:09 pm · Link

I’m sorry to hear about your problem with Triskelion. They requested a full look at one of my manuscripts, and I haven’t heard back from them yet, so it probably is another one for my reject scrapbook. :) On the other hand, if you can tell me, did they break any promises they made to you?

11. Isabella Snow
    · May 13th, 2007 at 2:17 pm · Link

Yay!!! I remember the day that book came out – and I remember the day it was *supposed* to! Good for you, December!

12. December Quinn
    · May 13th, 2007 at 2:42 pm · Link

Ah, kis, the sacrifices we make for our parents…lol. I’m glad you didn’t leave me! :-)

Thanks, Rebecca! I did think of Samhain, actually, but as they’re closed to outside subs at the moment and…um…there’s already interest in the book elsewhere, I’m going to stick with what I know, for the moment. I’d love to sell to Samhain, though. I just haven’t had anything to send them.

Thanks Bambi! And thanks for stopping by! Yeah, I think covers are always a source of much fear, but I was certainly very happy with my first EC cover, so I’m very optimistic!

13. December Quinn
    · May 13th, 2007 at 2:44 pm · Link

Thanks, Erik! Although I’m worried about what “at least in part” means, lol! :-)

Hey, Bernard! Probably best to email me about that. It’s linked in my profile. :-)

Which release date was that, Isabella? The first one where the book didn’t release, or the second? :-) Yep, I’m very happy!

14. Bernita
    · May 14th, 2007 at 5:55 am · Link

“Not a good fit…”
    Bet you enjoyed typing that line!
    You Go, Girl!

15. ERiCA
    · May 14th, 2007 at 6:42 am · Link

Congratulations!!! Keep us posted on new developments!! =)

16. December Quinn
    · May 14th, 2007 at 6:44 am · Link

Heh, Bernita. I did enjoy it, but not as much as simply typing, “I got my RIGHTS BACK!” It was a really good day in my house, and to give them their due, they did release me before I started getting too desperate. So the process took longer than I would have liked, but less time than it may have. I guess there’s a lot of restructring and stuff happening there, maybe that was part of it?

Thanks, Erica! Watch this space!

17. Robyn
    · May 14th, 2007 at 7:35 am · Link

A sweet, sweet day for you. Congratulations, my friend.

18. December Quinn
    · May 14th, 2007 at 12:37 pm · Link

Thanks Robyn! Sweet indeed!

19. Sam
    · May 14th, 2007 at 1:18 pm · Link

Hey December!!!
    That is good news!
    Think of Calderwood!
    :-)

20. Dionne Galace
    · May 14th, 2007 at 4:31 pm · Link

Good on ye, December! :)

No more Eric Bana’s retarded brother!

21. Ann(ie)
    · May 14th, 2007 at 6:30 pm · Link

Great news!

22. McKoala
    · May 14th, 2007 at 11:14 pm · Link

Oooh, you’re free! I know you were unhappy with them. Well done on getting your book out of their clutches and good luck with your new secret plan!

23. December Quinn
    · May 15th, 2007 at 1:26 am · Link

It’s too long for Calderwood, Sam, it’s around 90k. The Calderwood site is really nice, though!

Awww, you came by, Bam! Thanks! Yep, no horrible Bana/Ferrigno guy standing around in a lightning storm with no shirt on! You know, I feel sort of guilty, because that model is an actual person and here I am talking constantly about how ugly he is. He did have a nice body, though, except for those veins or stretch marks or whatever they were.

Thanks Annie!

Heeey McKoala! What’s going on with you these days! Yep, I’m free, squee! Thanks!

24. December Quinn
    · May 15th, 2007 at 1:28 am · Link

Well lookie there! McKoala’s actually added two new posts to her blog! Hey, three posts in two years isn’t a bad record!

25. calderwoodbooks
    · May 15th, 2007 at 4:36 am · Link

It’s not too long!

Where does it say it’s too long? Will have to go correct that.

Dashes off to fix the submissions page.

26. December Quinn
    · May 15th, 2007 at 5:06 am · Link

It says under submissions that standard ebook length is around 50k words, I just assumed. Oops, guess I read that wrong…

27. Babe King
    · May 16th, 2007 at 12:58 am · Link

You want someone with pants on who combs his hair? Gee, picky, picky, picky.
    :-)

Hope you find a happy new home for your book. I’d love to hear the “whys” on the poor fit at Trisk. Sounds like a story all by itself. 😉

28. December Quinn
    · May 16th, 2007 at 4:24 am · Link

Hi there babe!

I know, my standards are just too damn high. Mother always warned me I’d end up miserable.

Thanks! I feel really good about the book’s future. And email me, I’m happy to share.

29. TinaGerow
    · May 19th, 2007 at 3:08 pm · Link

Hi December. Best of luck reselling your books. And I’ll raise some cyber champagne (or maybe a butterscotch martini) to you :)

I’m in the same boat, just got my Triskelion rights back last night, so my books are winging their way to my agent. :)