What Stace had to say on Wednesday, October 3rd, 2007
Finito!

Faery woke up screaming at 3 am, I went back to bed around 3:15 after she went back to lseep, I couldn’t sleep, I got up and

FINISHED THE DEMON INSIDE!

First draft: 85,131 words. I imagine I’ve got another 1-2 more to add in edits because I know at least two minor plot holes I have to plug.

Oh, it’s done! It’s finally freaking done, after 10 weeks of work (not to mention several weeks of planning and false starts.)

Now I can start the next one. :-)

15 comments to “Finito!”

1. pacatrue
    · October 4th, 2007 at 5:11 am · Link

Congrats!

I am impressed as well that you can write 85,131 words and know that you only need one or two words more. That’s some tight writing. 😉

2. Angie
    · October 4th, 2007 at 5:53 am · Link

Whee! Good job, hon! 😀

So, Faery gets ice cream for breakfast to reward her for helping Mommy finish her book, right? [duck/hide]

Angie

3. December/Stacia
    · October 4th, 2007 at 6:18 am · Link

Lol, yes Paca, I think one more word will do it. Smartass. Hey, I got two hours of sleep, okay?

Sure, Angie, ice cream…actually, Faery got to start school today, and Mommy got Red Bull.

4. Anonymous
    · October 4th, 2007 at 6:43 am · Link

Congrats, December. Fantastic.

The title reminds me of a scene from Ghostbusters (not a bad thing):

Dana Barrett (possessed) [to Dr Venkman]: I want you inside me.

Dr Venkman: It sounds like you’ve got at least two or three people in there already.

-V95

5. Robyn
    · October 4th, 2007 at 8:41 am · Link

V95- I make it a rule to never sleep with possessed people.

Woo-Hoo, December!

6. December/Stacia
    · October 4th, 2007 at 9:01 am · Link

Robyn & V95, if someone asks you if you’re a god, you say YES!

7. Demon Hunter
    · October 4th, 2007 at 9:59 am · Link

Congratulations, December!:*)

8. Charles Gramlich
    · October 4th, 2007 at 10:07 am · Link

Wow, that’s pretty quick for 85,000 plus words. I could never turn anything around that quickly. Good work.

9. Seeley deBorn
    · October 4th, 2007 at 10:16 am · Link

Woo hoo! Fuckin’ eh!

Way to go DQ!

What’s comin’ up next?? Do tell!

10. kirsten saell
    · October 4th, 2007 at 10:53 am · Link

I’m with you, Charles. 85k in 10 weeks?!!!?!?!?

I am in awe, DQ. Awe.

· October 4th, 2007 at 10:59 am · Link

You ended that nightmare on a positive note.

12. December/Stacia
    · October 4th, 2007 at 12:03 pm · Link

Thanks, DH! I’m awfully glad it’s done.

I hate to toot my own horn, Charles and Kis, but that’s only the final ms word count. Between the false starts and the scenes I cut and the scenes I wrote four times, I actually did about 110k on it. Which is one reason I’m so glad it’s done!

A new UF, Seeley, don’t want to say too much about it but I’m very excited, it’s an alternate world. I hope to start it next week–first I want to get the SK website at least to the point where I can load it and get it running.

I hope I did, Bernard. I’m praying I won’t go back and re-read and decide it totally sucks. :-)

13. Vicki
    · October 4th, 2007 at 2:09 pm · Link

So sorry Faery woke up screaming and hope she’s better.

Major congrats on finishing your book! That Rocks!!!

I was tagged for a meme and now you’ve been tagged. Check out my blog for the rules on this one.

😀

14. writtenwyrdd
    · October 4th, 2007 at 6:59 pm · Link

That’s great news! I haven’t been able to read blogs since they blocked blogger at work, so I’ve missed hearing what’s up in your writing world. And re your last post, you are absolutely correct, we shouldn’t need incentive. But hey, whatever works. I don’t do NaNo because it won’t help me with my can’t stick to it problem.

15. pacatrue
    · October 5th, 2007 at 12:12 am · Link

I use the Ghostbuster’s line about “cats and dogs living together!” quite often. However, a later line, “Yes, Mr. Mayor, it’s true; this man is dickless” doesn’t seem as useful.