What Stace had to say on Friday, December 21st, 2007
Well…I did promise

I honestly have no idea why I photograph so badly. My features all seem to mush together oddly in pictures. I swear, I look normal in person. Even attractive. I looked very pretty that night. But on film…sigh.

Not much else happening. Gearing up for the holidays. Lots to do, work work work. The kids are both home now for the next 2 weeks–no more school. It’s nice because I don’t have to get up so early, but sucky because I have to fetch juice and snacks all day for two instead of just one. Oh well.

16 comments to “Well…I did promise”

1. Angie
    · December 21st, 2007 at 9:23 am · Link

I take sucktastic pictures too, so yeah, empathy. :/

I’m up at my mom’s, trying to balance shopping and decorating cookies and just, you know, spending some time with my mother who lives a few hundred miles away and whom I only see three times a year, with the fact that I have two stories due this week, one on the 23rd and one on the 24th. O_O Oh, and trying to resist eating all of my mother’s homemade almond roca, which is too delicious to be believed. :/

Have a great holiday, hon. [hugz]

Angie

2. bettie
    · December 21st, 2007 at 11:21 am · Link

I lurve the dress!

“I honestly have no idea why I photograph so badly.”

Same here! Though I suspect it’s due to having light-sensitive eyes. Camera flashes and bright sunlight make me squinty.

3. Charles Gramlich
    · December 21st, 2007 at 12:17 pm · Link

I know why I take bad pictures. It’s cause I’m ugly. But this one isn’t too bad. Very pretty dress too.

4. KERRY ALLEN
    · December 21st, 2007 at 12:24 pm · Link

It’s the flash, particularly cruel to we maidens fair. You have to be wearing street-walker makeup to combat the bleaching effect of the strobe, which makes the pictures much better but is not so great for your live-action appearance…

I went to the DMV with hooker makeup last time and got some very strange looks, but it’s the best damn picture of me ever taken.

5. pacatrue
    · December 21st, 2007 at 1:05 pm · Link

You look great, and it’s nice to see the dapper gent.

· December 21st, 2007 at 2:57 pm · Link

I’m not sure why you think the picture is bad. You look great. I recognize the look on your husband’s face. I have a patent on it for parties. :)

7. Anonymous
    · December 21st, 2007 at 3:20 pm · Link

Dahlink you look fah-bu-lus! That dress is totally hot!

(you should see the one of me from the kid’s party…half undone ponytail, double chin and neck the size of a tree trunk)

SdB

8. Lola Jane Beasley
    · December 21st, 2007 at 3:43 pm · Link

Tell that bastard of a photographer to just point the flash toward the ceiling! Up, dammit! Nobody looks like anything other than a bleached whale in direct flash. Well, except for you of course.

9. kirsten saell
    · December 21st, 2007 at 4:37 pm · Link

Just when I start feeling good about the way I look, someone snaps a picture of me. I swear, there are about four decent photos of me from our entire trip to Cuba, and the only one I would call nice is the one they took of me neck deep in water being kissed by a dolphin. I know–I KNOW–I looked pretty damn good in my $128, 36FF bikini top, but from those pictures, I might as well have been a freaking manatee.

That dress looks hot. I could never wear anything like that where I live. *sigh* In a logging town, you put on wool trousers and you’re overdressed.

School holidays are definitely a trade off. You don’t have to get up, but you have to put up with the little buggers all day for two weeks. By the 7th I’ll be loving the sound of my alarm clock.

10. Michele Lee
    · December 21st, 2007 at 6:35 pm · Link

What an awesome dress!! Why is it when we don’t smile we look pouty and when we do smile we look squished up and chubby?

Happy Holidays!

11. Anonymous
    · December 22nd, 2007 at 8:27 am · Link

Handsome couple!!
    Lovely dress!
    You look great! (both you guys!)

Sam

12. Bernita
    · December 22nd, 2007 at 12:34 pm · Link

I think you look lovely.
    ~easy to see why the other women snarked~

13. December/Stacia
    · December 22nd, 2007 at 7:20 pm · Link

Thanks everyone!!

I guess that’s the type of trick photographers would know, eh, Lola?

14. writtenwyrdd
    · December 23rd, 2007 at 12:46 pm · Link

I make a habit of not getting photographed if at all possible. I look like a neck with beady eyes on top. I probably wouldn’t mind if I lost the extra weight, though. Ah, vanity….

Have a merry Yuletide season.

15. writtenwyrdd
    · December 23rd, 2007 at 12:47 pm · Link

Oh, I meant to say that’s not a bad picture. The shiny fabric tends to give one’s figure strange shapes in photos, but your face looks very nice in this photo.

16. cyn
    · December 25th, 2007 at 12:56 pm · Link

i think you look gorgeous, girl. and so is your dress! you making quite the dashing couple!! happy x’mas! =)