Yes, that’s right. If you’re looking for much actual content from me this month, you won’t get it. Or rather, you will, but in a different way.
Because Personal Demons releases next month–less than thirty days from today!
And I’m having a bunch of contests and stuff!
Now, I will be holding another contest or two next month, after the book comes out. But right now we’re working on advance stuff. So here’s what you need to do to enter:
1. Do you have a review blog? Do you want a PDF ARC to review? Email me (staciakane AT gmail.com) and let me know! One review equals one entry.
2. Create an Amazon Listmania List and place the book on it. That’s one entry. You get an additional half entry for placing books by any of the following authors on it:
(Please, guys, keep the lists serious. I will be checking, because you’ll be emailing me the link to your list. So if the list is called, say, “The List I Made to Win a Prize” it doesn’t count. We’re looking for urban fantasy, paranormal romance, that sort of thing.)
3. Tag the book on Amazon. Again, please be respectful with the tags. One tag, one entry. Click boxes for current tags and get half an entry each.
4. Preorder the book. From Amazon, from B&N, from your local independent, from wherever. One preorder, two entries.
5. Blog about the book. If you don’t have a review blog, you can still mention it. Link to it. Talk about it. I’ll be running excerpts from the book every Wednesday this month, so hopefully you’ll be able to formulate an opinion enough to genuinely tell your blog readers how much you’re looking forward to it. One mention, one entry.
6. Belong to a forum where books are discussed? Mention my book. One mention, one entry.
The thing is, I realize this may sound like kind of an odd contest (though I’m really hoping it doesn’t). But Juno/Wildside is a smaller publisher, and we’re trying to get the word out any way we can.
Oh, and there is one big rule: NO SPAM. PLEASE don’t start mentioning the book in odd or inappropriate places or clogging up comment threads on review sites or, especially, other writers’ blogs. PLEASE. Your entries will be discarded if I find out about it. There are lots of ways to win and chances to win legitimately. Let’s try not to piss people off. (And no, I don’t really think any of you would do that, but I did want to mention it for the record.)
So…what are the prizes? The prizes are many and varied!
*Two signed copies of Personal Demons
*One box of Cocktail Demons
*Six Personal Demons magnets
In other words, nine people will win prizes here, just for mentioning or helping to spotlight a book you hopefully would already want to mention!
I’ll be doing a release-month contest as well, with even more prizes, including more signed books, Amazon gift cards, demon keyrings, more magnets and cocktail demons…all kinds of things. So this is certainly not your last chance to win! But this month is our last chance to build pre-release awareness of the book, so join in and have fun!
Email me your entries–links, or the copy&pasted relevent bits from your preorder receipt (I don’t need or want your credit card info)–to Staciakane AT gmail.com. I should respond to tell you I got it within 24 hours. If I don’t please email again!
Also, do you have a blog? Are you lazy, and so enjoy having guest bloggers because you don’t have to come up with a topic of your own? Why not have me come blog at your place? I’m clean, and mildly entertaining. I will even blog on any topic of your choice (trust me there. I blogged about pigeon sex once because a blog reader wanted me to.) Email me! Then sit back and enjoy the day of rest.
And come back tomorrow for Caitlin Kittredge’s guest blog! And Wednesday for the first excerpt!