What Stace had to say on Tuesday, August 4th, 2009
Dragon*Con Schedule!!

My official schedule just arrived in my Inbox! So here it is! I will be part of the following panel discussions:

Title: A Writer’s Guide to Goth & Punk
Description: Explores ways that writers can create believable and accurate goth and punk characters.

Time: Fri 01:00 pm Location: Montreal / Vancouver – Hyatt (Length: 1 Hour)

Title: Memento Mori: Ghost Stories
Description: How contemporary writers put a fresh spin on a venerable supernatural tradition.
Time: Fri 04:00 pm Location: Montreal / Vancouver – Hyatt (Length: 1 Hour)

Title: City of Dreadful Night
Description: World-building in dark fantasy.
Time: Fri 08:30 pm Location: Montreal / Vancouver – Hyatt (Length: 1 Hour)

Title: Little Deaths
Description: The strange relationship between eroticism and horror.

Time: Fri 10:00 pm Location: Montreal / Vancouver – Hyatt (Length: 1 Hour)

Title: Fun With Demonology
Description: Demons in fiction – both as heroes and as villains.
Time: Sat 07:00 pm Location: Montreal / Vancouver – Hyatt (Length: 1 Hour)

Title: Strong Female Protagonists
Description: How do you write strong female protagonists who are still vulnerable enough to seem real? The pros tell how to develop believable heroines.
Time: Sun 01:00 pm Location: Manila / Singapore / Hong Kong – Hyatt (Length: 1 Hour)

Title: Whatdunnit?
Description: Mixing the supernatural and mystery genres.
Time: Sun 07:00 pm Location: Montreal / Vancouver – Hyatt (Length: 1 Hour)

Title: Working the Graveyard Shift
Description: A look at the various jobs available to supernatural investigators and creatures of the night.
Time: Sun 08:30 pm Location: Montreal / Vancouver – Hyatt (Length: 1 Hour)

I have also let Mark Henry, Kat Richardson, and Yasmine Galenorn talk me into requesting a reading/signing period, so I will be reading out loud on Saturday at one p.m. I’ll give the location as soon as I can, or it should be in the program. I’m very nervous at the idea of it, and afraid no one will show up and I’ll feel like a total ass.

So…who’s coming to see me?

9 comments to “Dragon*Con Schedule!!”

· August 4th, 2009 at 6:44 am · Link

Tough schedule.

1.1
      · August 5th, 2009 at 7:13 pm · Link

Is it?! Everyone keeps telling me they can’t believe I’ve signed up to do so much, so now I’m starting to worry about it! I’d originally told them to go ahead and load me up, since I’m not good in crowds (I don’t mind speaking to crowds, I just get nervous when IN them, if you know what I mean) and figured this way I’d have stuff to do and wouldn’t spend most of my time just sitting around feeling stupid. Now I’m afraid I’m doing too much and people will be sick of me! Ack! :oops:

• Derek
        1.1.1
        · September 2nd, 2009 at 8:48 pm · Link

You know, if you do get a little worn out, just tell me and you can sit one of them out. The con is supposed to be fun – even for my speakers!

2. synde
    · August 4th, 2009 at 8:05 am · Link

well yes of course I will be there… :lol:

2.1
      · August 5th, 2009 at 7:13 pm · Link

Hee, I know, I can’t wait!

3. Tyhitia
    · August 4th, 2009 at 8:29 am · Link

Man, I wish I could come and see you, but I am broke right now. :sad:

3.1
      · August 5th, 2009 at 7:13 pm · Link

Oh, that sucks, I wish you could come!

4. Lillie A.
    · August 5th, 2009 at 12:10 am · Link

I’ll be there! I haven’t read any of your books yet, but I recently heard some great things about them. Will you have a booth in the vendors room where fans can buy your books?

4.1
      · August 5th, 2009 at 7:15 pm · Link

Thanks Lillie! I won’t have a booth, no, but I know there will be booksellers there. The book I’ll be reading from, UNHOLY GHOSTS, won’t be available until October 27, but my other series, the Demons books, has two books available at the moment.