What Stace had to say on Tuesday, August 18th, 2009
Important News

Yes, I forgot to blog yesterday. I’m sorry! We will resume the series on Thursday but I have some really exciting news I wanted to share right away.

Some of you know that we’d originally hoped for the Downside books to be released consecutively; that is, one per month for three straight months. Scheduling issues prevented it, however, and eventually forced the reschedule of UNHOLY MAGIC as well. Pretty par for the course as far as publishing goes, really; schedules often change.

Well. I received word this morning that thanks to some clever switching and moving by the fantastic people at Del Rey, we are now able to release the first three Downside books as we’d always wanted; three consecutive releases! This is really, really exciting for me; such releases are always exciting, I think, and I’m really thrilled to get one and have such a big deal made over my books.

However. There is a *slight* downside (heh heh) to this for you guys, and for me as well. The three consecutive slots which were available are in summer 2010.

I know this is disappointing for those of you who were really excited and eager to get your hands on UNHOLY GHOSTS, and I’m really sorry about that. But…UNHOLY MAGIC was slated for June 2010, and CITY OF GHOSTS for November 2010, so while this means you have to wait for the first book, it also means you won’t have to wait nearly as long for the second and third!

So I hope you guys are excited about that, and as excited as I am to have the Big Summer Releases. :-)

I don’t have any information yet on how this effects the UK releases from Harper Voyager, but I will let you know as soon as I do.

And I have some other exciting news about the books, but I think that will wait until next week.

12 comments to “Important News”

1. Jackie Kessler
    · August 18th, 2009 at 6:33 pm · Link

Awesome news! I think the back-to-back-to-back is a terrific situation to be in…and definitely worth the wait!

2. synde
    · August 18th, 2009 at 6:41 pm · Link

wow that will be cool..

3. Tyhitia
    · August 18th, 2009 at 7:40 pm · Link

Congratulations! Very cool. I was so looking forward to UNHOLY GHOSTS. :-/ But it’s worth the wait! 😀

4. Jamie Harrington
    · August 18th, 2009 at 11:36 pm · Link

That is a cool thing to release them all close like that! You have to be way excited! And… a little overwhelmed lol!

5. driftsmoke
    · August 19th, 2009 at 7:43 am · Link

I’m glad they’re going to be released close together. I hate to admit this, but I have a tough time remembering what happened in series where a new book only comes out once a year.

I still can’t wait to read them.

6. writtenwyrdd
    · August 19th, 2009 at 8:14 am · Link

Well, that IS great news! I was so looking forward to Unholy Ghosts, though! I wanted to mention I got the copy of Demon Inside and loved it better than the first one. (Thanks for the lovely inscription.)

DelRey must think great things about your series to give you the summer launch window!

7. hagelrat
    · August 19th, 2009 at 11:10 am · Link

Worth waiting for, I love the consecutive release thing, it was awesome with the Brent weeks books. Can’t wait to get these. :mrgreen:

8. Stephanie
    · August 19th, 2009 at 11:23 am · Link

Sad for the delay but excited not to have to wait so long just more anticipation for the release!

9. Carmen R
    · August 19th, 2009 at 12:37 pm · Link

That sounds great. I hate to read a good book and then have to wait forever for the next in the series.

10. Tiff
    · August 19th, 2009 at 2:24 pm · Link

😯
    *quickly checks book pages*
    *conspires*
    It appears that the first book in the UK is still on for October release, and the second book for June… *evil laughter*
    I wonder how many of your books are going to be internationally shipped…

11. Amanda
    · August 19th, 2009 at 2:57 pm · Link

That’s cool news! Glad I don’t have to wait for the 2nd and 3rd book. :smile:

But bummer…have to wait until 2010 😥

12. Sam
    · August 20th, 2009 at 4:35 am · Link

Whoo Hoo! That is great news! The publishing world is so slow, that next summer hardly seems like far away at all!

And nice new blog – I’ll have to update my links now – more work, work, work, lol.