What Stace had to say on Wednesday, August 11th, 2010
It’s that time again!

As I think most of you know–I am stunned by the number of birthday messages I’ve gotten on Twitter and Facebook, I can’t thank you all enough!–today is my birthday. My Faerie, who is five, has decided I’m twenty-seven today, and I have told her she’s exactly right. So I’m sticking to that.

Anyway. Every year on my birthday I ask for those who lurk but never comment to just say hello. Of course you’re not obligated to in any way, but it’s fun for me to see who’s out there aside from the group who comments (not that I don’t adore them too). I just get a kick out of it, basically. And it’s even more fun if you leave a little message saying why you read here, or what types of posts you enjoy the most, or whatever–stuff I can use to make sure I’m giving you guys the types of posts you like to read. Remember, my job here on the blog is to entertain you, and make it something you enjoy reading. Yes, it’s mine, and I rant and stuff at times too, but in general, if I’m ranting I want it to be about things that interest you in some way.

And this year I thought we’d make it more fun–although I don’t actually think anyone is going to take me up on it, since you usually don’t–if you want to leave me a question in the comments, or whatever, and I’ll answer it as best as I can.

Again, you’re not obligated to comment, of course. Not at all. If you do comment you’re not obligated to tell me why you read here, or what types of posts you like the best, or what your favorite post was, or anything of that nature. You’re not obligated to ask a question in any way. But if you wanted to, that would be cool, and I would enjoy it.

So if you like, and if you feel comfortable, and if you want to, it would be great to hear from those of you I don’t usually hear from, in addition to those I do.

And just in case any of you lurkers are people who’ve emailed me, or if any of you who’ve emailed me stop by, I WILL reply, I’ve just not had a chance yet.

Also, again, huge apologies, I forgot to bring my notebook with the entry counts for the Name a Character Contest, so I’ll be announcing the winner on Monday, and I’m so sorry! Duh, I could have sworn I packed it.

So de-lurk away, if you like! And thanks again, everyone!

93 comments to “It’s that time again!”

1. Nat (Wicked Lil Pixie)
    · August 11th, 2010 at 11:49 am · Link

*peeks around curtain*

I’m here cause you forced me..okay thats a lie…I don’t know why the hell I’m here other then to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY again. πŸ˜‰

1.1
      · August 11th, 2010 at 12:41 pm · Link

Hee, thanks Nat!

2. Zanthera
    · August 11th, 2010 at 11:51 am · Link

Happy Birthday! I have commented but rarely. I’m more of a stalker looking for the “inside look” at authors’ lives and know that it is truly what I seek in a career.

I’m one of the weird ones who likes the lonely part of being a writer.

2.1
      · August 11th, 2010 at 11:56 am · Link

You know what’s funny? I actually do too! I’m perfectly happy just staying home by myself and working; it’s probably when I’m happiest, really. I mean, I love my family and my friends, but I also need to have quite a bit of time by myself. I just get worn out if I’m dealing with a lot of people or any people for too long. Sigh.

And thanks for commenting!

3. Zita Hildebrandt
    · August 11th, 2010 at 11:52 am · Link

Questions? You want questions? Hokay…

Fruit or vegetable juice?
    Ball point pen or mechanical pencil?
    Ghosts or wraiths?
    Police or spies?
    :roll:
    Chocolate birthday cake?Or vanilla with fruit filling? Or maybe pie?

Many happy returns of the day πŸ˜€

3.1
      · August 11th, 2010 at 12:03 pm · Link

Hahaha! Thanks!

Fruit, but I’m not a big juice person either way.

Ball point pen, definitely. I hate pencils. I don’t like the way they feel against the paper.

Can I say both? If not, wraiths, I think. They’re scarier.

Spies, definitely!

And vanilla cake. I like creamy or frosting fillings, although I do also like Victoria sponges with jam fillings. But I don’t like chocolate cake. It doesn’t taste like chocolate to me.

Oh, and it’s the same with pies. I like chocolate cream pies or key lime pies or whatever, but I don’t like fruit pies at all. The only pies I make or eat on a semi-regularl basis are meat pies; I love those. (That sounds dirty but I don’t mean it to, heh, I mean actualy steak pies!)

4. Nora-Adrienne Deret
    · August 11th, 2010 at 12:06 pm · Link

Hi Stacia,
    A very HAPPY BIRTHDAY and many many many many more.

4.1
      · August 11th, 2010 at 12:23 pm · Link

Thank you!

5. Marcus Twyman
    · August 11th, 2010 at 12:10 pm · Link

I always read your blog because you’re fan-fucking-tastic at writing really amazing novels….like duh!

Now for questions…*clears throat*

1. Your name is Stacia….so is it safe to assume that you’re familial origins are from Poland or Russia? Just asking because I’m part Polish πŸ˜‰

2. Is there a dream book that you’d love to write but haven’t found the time to yet?

3. Stoli or Belvedere? lol! πŸ˜€

4. Do you remember where I parked my common sense? Oh, wait…sorry, that was me typing what I was thinking. I meant to ask are you recognized frequently when you’re out and about taking care of your daily list of things to do? Does that freak you out??? It would freak me out A LOT.

Thanks and once again Happy Birthday!

5.1
      · August 11th, 2010 at 12:33 pm · Link

Oh, wow, thank you Marcus!

1. Actually, yes! My paternal grandmother was a Tobler (yes, those Toblers, but not the rich branch of the family, sadly). Also Austrian, German, Scots, and English are in there too.

2. Hmm. Unholy Ghosts was really my dream book, but I’m working on another project now that I’m really excited about and have been wanting to write for years, so that’s cool too.

3. Grey Goose. :)

4. Oh, no, I don’t think I ever have been while just out & about. But last year at Dragoncon I was standing outside chatting & having a smoke, when this girl came up to me and asked if she could have her picture taken with me. I was kind of surprised but of course said yes, but I couldn’t control my curiosity. So I asked why she wanted a picture?

She gave me this kind of weird look and said because she loved my books. I felt so stupid! DUH. It just never occurred to me that anyone would actually recognize me at all, you know, or care! So I still feel bad about that.

But yeah, if it did happen, it would freak me out. It happens sometimes at other cons, but you kind of expect it there, if you know what I mean, because it’s a bunch of other writers and you’ve probably “met” them online or exchanged a few words at least or whatever.

6. Jennifer
    · August 11th, 2010 at 12:10 pm · Link

Happy Birthday!

I think I’ve commented once or twice but tend to stay to myself cause of a stupid delusion I have.

Happy Birthday again and hope it’s filled with all your heart’s desires.

6.1
      · August 11th, 2010 at 12:38 pm · Link

You shouldn’t let anything hold you back if you want to speak up; I’m really adamant about making this a friendly place where anyone can feel comfortable.

Of course, if you’d *rather* stay quiet that’s absolutely fine too, I just wanted to let you know you shouldn’t worry. :)

And you’re probably being waaaay too hard on yourself by saying “stupid delusion.” That’s not necessary!

Thanks for speaking up today though! Much appreciated.

7. Kai Charles
    · August 11th, 2010 at 12:11 pm · Link

Happy Birthday! Hope your day is special:)
    I’m loving unholy ghosts. I’m not through with it yet but I’m so Interested in Terrible! Such an unlikely lead! Is more of his background revealed in the upcoming books?

7.1
      · August 11th, 2010 at 12:40 pm · Link

Thank you, I’m so glad to hear that!

There is a bit, yes. You find out a few things, and there are some other pieces of information I’m not sure whether or not I’ll include or get a chance to include in the next couple of books. Or even if it needs to be included, as it’s pretty damn grim; stuff about his childhood and everything before Bump found him.

But there is definitely other info about his past, especially in UNHOLY MAGIC. :)

Thanks for commenting!

• Zanthera
      7.2
      · August 11th, 2010 at 12:54 pm · Link

I’m barely into the book and I am loving the originality Terrible and all the book has so far. I may buy “Unholy Magic” before I read the other books in my pile which I never do!

7.2.1
        · August 11th, 2010 at 1:20 pm · Link

Thank you! I tried really hard to twist as many tropes as I could and make it as different as I could, so it’s awesome to know someone thinks I succeeded, lol!

8. Jen H
    · August 11th, 2010 at 12:50 pm · Link

I hope you have a wonderful Birthday! I have left now and again although I do come every day. I have to say I think you are so very awesome.

I was wondering when you decided to have the different speech dialect for the different social classes in the Downside Series where you nervous that people wouldn’t “get” it?

• Jen H
      8.1
      · August 11th, 2010 at 12:51 pm · Link

Please Excuse the many many typos!

8.2
      · August 11th, 2010 at 1:23 pm · Link

Oh, wow, thank you so much, Jen! I think all my blog readers are awesome. :)

And yeah, I was quite worried about it, actually. But I figured that maybe if it was such an issue, an agent who rejected me because of it might tell me that was why, or when I signed with my agent he might have said something, or an editor, or whatever. But yeah, it did make me nervous, and it still does a bit–hoping people will like/understand it–but most people seem to and that makes me very happy!

Thanks!

• Zanthera
        8.2.1
        · August 11th, 2010 at 1:44 pm · Link

One lesson a writing teacher had told me is to “Never make your readers feel stupid.” Letting us figure things out makes it that more intriguing and inviting. Stacia does an awesome job at that.

8.2.2
        · August 11th, 2010 at 1:55 pm · Link

Thanks Zanthera! I do try. :) I think it’s better in some cases to kind of allude to stuff, or mention it without having to spell it all out. Like Chess’s past in UG, I don’t really talk about it so much in that first book but it is mentioned a couple of times, especially when she touches the book, she sees people climbing into her bed and hitting her and stuff like that.

But I think my readers are very smart!

9. Jessie Kwak
    · August 11th, 2010 at 12:58 pm · Link

Happy Birthday! I just finished Unholy Ghosts yesterday, and can’t wait to read the next few books.

I checked out your blog because I’m always curious about the writers I’m reading, but I bookmarked it and your twitter because I really dug your style.

Also, I adore your sex strumpet series! One of my recent resolutions is to let my characters get it on more frequently (I’m a bit of a prude in my writing), and your posts are awesome inspiration.

Thanks for rocking!

JK

9.1
      · August 11th, 2010 at 1:28 pm · Link

Thank you so much Jessie!

And I’m so glad the Strumpet series is helpful! That was so much fun to do, and it still gets hits almost every day, sometimes more than one!

I did set it up on Lulu as a paperback or ebook, and as a Kindle book as well, but of course you’re not obligated in any way to buy it or leave a review on Amazon or anything; it will always be free on the blog. :) The ebooks/books are just because people wanted their own copies and asked for them. :)

• Jessie Kwak
        9.1.1
        · August 11th, 2010 at 1:36 pm · Link

The ebook/Lulu idea is awesome–it’s already been on my “next paycheck” list. :) Thanks again!

10. Missy Ann
    · August 11th, 2010 at 1:10 pm · Link

Happy Birthday, Twitter pest checking in. :)

My favorite type of posts are news posts, the book is 2/3rds done. Went to the editor today. Back for revisions etc.

I know lots of people love snippets from not yet released – but I never read them. 9 times out of 10 they seem to be spoilers for me, so I wait.

I do love the deleted scenes! Feel free to keep those coming. πŸ˜‰

And you should come to Houston. Murder By The Book loves you. (yes, I’m going to keep reminding you of this until I get you here) πŸ˜†

10.1
      · August 11th, 2010 at 1:31 pm · Link

Lol, Missy Ann, I’d love to come to Houston and see you all!

And I love posting the deleted scenes, I think they’re so fun. Especially to explain why they were cut or how they evolved.

I do plan to post the occasional snippet as I write the next books, though. I’ll do them under a cut or something.

Thanks for responding & letting me know re the posts, too!

11. Jenn Bennett
    · August 11th, 2010 at 1:15 pm · Link

I think one of the first times I commented on your blog, you were discussing various uses of the C-word and all it’s derivatives, and I brought up the word c*mdumpster. Then a few months later, you mentioned on twitter that you couldn’t figure out why someone found your blog using that a search criteria.

So there you go: my contribution to filth on your blog! Happy Birthday!!!!

–Jenn

11.1
      · August 11th, 2010 at 1:33 pm · Link

HAHAHAHAHA!!! So it was YOU!

Oh, that is awesome! I had totally forgotten about that, obviously.

Thanks! *still giggling*

12. Wulfie
    · August 11th, 2010 at 1:26 pm · Link

Happy Birthday!

I’m new around here. Heard about on #Uchat thingie on Twitter. Got really interested in reading your books since I’ve never read one on ghosts before and yours came recommended.

Plus I like hanging at established writer’s sites to see what I can learn about the whole process. I just love reading about writing. lol

12.1
      · August 11th, 2010 at 1:36 pm · Link

Thanks Wulfie!

I do have a category tag here on the blog called “For writers,” and it’s all my stuff about, well, writing. And then of course there’s “Be a Sex-Writing Strumpet” too, which is my big 26-post-long series on writing sex scenes.

I don’t have all the posts tagged yet, because they were imported from Blogger where I didn’t tag them. But there are quite a few tagged, if you want to look.

13. Erica
    · August 11th, 2010 at 1:31 pm · Link

Aw, Happy Birthday!!! I hope you have a fabulous day :)

I’ve been reading here since last summer when I discovered your Megan Chase series (which I absolutely love!) :) I really need to get your Chess Putnam books.

13.1
      · August 11th, 2010 at 1:39 pm · Link

Thanks Erica! And I’m so glad you like the Megan books, they were so much fun to write!

Keep in mind the Downside books are a lot darker, though, not really funny. I do try to let people know, because I don’t want people to be surprised. I’m really proud of them, but they are different from the Megan books.

14. Wulfie
    · August 11th, 2010 at 1:34 pm · Link

😳 Oh question!

How do you feel about e-publishing vs traditional publishing and which do you prefer?

For your e-books, do you design the covers, etc, or have someone else do it? If you do it yourself, what do you use?

14.1
      · August 11th, 2010 at 1:45 pm · Link

I do enjoy both; I started in epublishing and had really good experiences in it. I wrote erotic romance for Ellora’s Cave under the pen name December Quinn, and I really loved writing for EC.

I do prefer print publishing, though, I have to admit. It’s just really exciting to have so many people involved, and to hold the book in your hand and everything.

And the publisher is supposed to do the cover for you; it’s part of their job/the investment they make, and they usually have a better idea of what will actually sell. They usually give writers some input though, depending on the puvlisher. EC used to have us fill out a form saying what we’d like, and they generally stuck pretty close to that. But the bigger houses may try to do what you want, and sometimes come really close, but not always.

15. Ashley
    · August 11th, 2010 at 2:06 pm · Link

Happy Birthday Stacia!

I was wondering if you could tell us how much of a role Lex will have in the future books? I love Terrible just as much as the next girl but I thought Lex was a pretty interesting guy too. Maybe not as shallow as he would have everyone think he is? And could he possibly be in love with Chess too??

Anyway, thanks so much for writing such an original and entertaining story….can’t wait for the next one!

15.1
      · August 11th, 2010 at 11:17 pm · Link

Hi Ashley!

And thank you! I really like Lex, he’s a lot of fun to write. I think I’ve said before that my original intent was to make UNHOLY MAGIC more Lex’s book, but it just didn’t work out that way, sigh. But book 4 is definitely going to be Lex-heavy–the plot will demand it–and Lex certainly isn’t going anywhere. :)

As for his feelings about Chess…I wouldn’t necessarily say he’s in love with her, but he maybe could be. :) I don’t want to give too much away! But he definitely really likes and cares about her.

Thanks!

16. Chelsea (Vampire Book Club
    · August 11th, 2010 at 2:07 pm · Link

Happy birthday, Stacia!

I don’t comment often because I’m a jerk, not because I’m self-conscious. Kidding!

While I already asked you a handful of questions … let’s have fun: You’ve written sex scenes with Lex and with Terrible (separately). Which was the most fun to write and, more importantly, which do you think was better in the figurative bed?

(BTW, I think the ladies in the I Gots Terrible Fever Support Group will appreciate an answer here… 😈 )

16.1
      · August 11th, 2010 at 11:30 pm · Link

Hahaha! How in the world can I answer that?!

Hmm. I think it’s pretty obvious that for Chess at least, Terrible is better, cuz of the whole lurve thing. πŸ˜‰ But Lex definitely knows what he’s doing, lol. I think I always had it in my head that Lex is a little more technical, if you know what I mean, where Terrible is more about feelings. And Lex is a little more cerebral in that way, where he thinks things through and watches her reactions really closely, and Terrible is sort of more earthy.

Like, (I can’t believe I’m talking about this, lol, I’m a little drunk) Chess waxes everywhere because of her job and the whole magic power of any hair on her body and stuff like that. And Lex likes it but Terrible doesn’t. Do you know what I mean? He thinks it’s kind of weird; why would a woman want to look like a girl, right? That sort of thing. So I don’t think it’s a case of better, just different outlooks, if you know what I mean.

Oh, and the Terrible scene was definitely WAY more fun to write. With the first Lex scene I was trying to show throughout it the kind of distance between them; there was heat and a sort of friendly feeling but not anything like a really deep connection, if you know what I mean. It was all Chess wanting to forget herself and focusing on herself. That changed a little as things moved on and they got more comfortable with each other but it was still a little distant. Whereas with Terrible they were SO carried away and there was SO much emotion and passion and everything, it really just sort of took off on its own.

It was so hard in UG and UM not to let them go on to bed, lol.

• Chelsea
        16.1.1
        · August 12th, 2010 at 2:02 am · Link

That was way more detailed than I expected. Lol. I’m kind of impressed you gave that one a real, thought out answer. Drinks or no drinks, nicely done.

Thanks for the indulgence. πŸ˜‰

17. Terri Coop
    · August 11th, 2010 at 2:19 pm · Link

Happy Birthday! I lurk around here by clicking through from AW from your PA posts. I’ve never read UF, but you got my curiousity up. I just received Unholy Ghosts cuz I thought the best place to start was at the beginning. See you around AW and Facebook.

Terri (aka circlexranch)

17.1
      · August 11th, 2010 at 11:32 pm · Link

Oh, thanks circlexranch! How cool to see you here after so long at AW! :) Thanks!

18. Tami
    · August 11th, 2010 at 2:27 pm · Link

Happy Birthday!

My favorite posts of yours are the ones where you take a stand and deliver your opinion on something.

And I get to ask a question? *twirls* Okay, let’s see…

If you could choose to become a magic-user/supernatural/whoosywhatsis in any published fantasy novel world (your own included), what kind of whoosywhatsis would you be and in the world of what book?

Now to go back and read the other question/answers! <3

18.1
      · August 11th, 2010 at 11:48 pm · Link

Thanks Tami! I do try to speak up for people, and to say what I think is the right thing even if there are people who want to think the worst of me or read all kinds of nasty, ridiculous shit into it. But I figure there are always going to be people who really don’t want to understand, or who’ve forgotten that we’re all human beings and most of us are really pretty decent at heart, and want to stir shit or build themselves up. People who never felt eft out or picked on, people who did the picking, and continue to do it and be all smug their whole lives because they can’t put themselves in anyone else’s shoes, you know? But I’m not like that and I don’t want to be, and I dislike people who are like that. I don’t think they’ve learned the lessons life should teach them, honestly.

And oh boy…part of me would want to be almost any character in LOTR (at least who lives, lol); part of me would want to be any heroine in any vampire novel; part wants to be Megan and a much bigger part Chess, even though it would be bad. So I don’t know! A little bit of a lot of different ones. :)

Thanks!

19. Amanda
    · August 11th, 2010 at 2:35 pm · Link

Happy Birthday xx
    Favourite posts? Any :smile: [Feel like a weird stalker now]

I can’t think of any questions. It’s sort of like when teachers called on me back in the day; My mind thinks “f–k this, I’m off”…
    Anyway I loved the Megan Chase books, Tera is my favourite character; reminds me of me somewhat, as I’m quite socially awkward and have a habit of saying the wrong think and upsetting/weirding out/irritating people.
    But I must say that I think the Downside books are a cut above; So gritty and unafraid to discuss the darker aspects of life. My copy of City Of Ghosts [UK edition] arrived today, so I’m off to read that πŸ˜€

Waffle over xx

• Amanda
      19.1
      · August 11th, 2010 at 2:36 pm · Link

* saying the wrong thing… lol xx

19.2
      · August 11th, 2010 at 11:54 pm · Link

Thank you so much, Amanda! I hope you like it!

I try really hard not to let fear hold me back from saying what should be said and from being as honest as I can about emotions and stuff like that; it’s why I got the “I am not afraid” tattoo, was to remind me that if I want to reach people emotionally I have to be willing to expose myself, you know?

And ha, I think most of us are kind of socially awkward, and I’ve said the wrong thing more times than I care to count, so don’t worry about that!

Either way, thanks so much for commenting today!

20. synde
    · August 11th, 2010 at 3:00 pm · Link

Happy Solar return Stace…
    so tell us what is your favorite cocktail…and will you be having those tonight?
    hugs

20.1
      · August 11th, 2010 at 11:56 pm · Link

Hee, usually I drink vodka tonic or gin & tonics; sometimes Jack and Cokes. And Cosmos when I feel fancy. :) So usually just highballs.

Tonight I had a Tahitian Breeze, a Hidden Pearl, a booxy cappucino, and a Captain’s and Coke. So a pretty good night!

21. Betsy Dornbusch
    · August 11th, 2010 at 3:34 pm · Link

We’re just a few days apart, mine’s the 16th. Betting I’m older, though! Hope you have a good day.

21.1
      · August 11th, 2010 at 11:57 pm · Link

Ha, not necessarily! But a very happy birthday to you! Thanks for commenting here, today and other times!

22. Elizabeth
    · August 11th, 2010 at 3:41 pm · Link

Happy Birthday! May each year be better than the last.

I’m here because I discovered your books this summer (through a wildly positive review on Litopia’s podcast) and got kidnapped by them. I read your blog because you’re funny and insightful and interesting.

Now I’ll ask a question because you begged so politely :) .

What book do you think everyone should read? Doesn’t have to be one of yours, just one you think everyone should read for enjoyment, education, enlightenment, whatever.

22.1
      · August 13th, 2010 at 8:40 pm · Link

Oh, thank you, Elizabeth!

And wow, that’s a great question. A book I think everyone should read? I honestly don’t know. I have a lot of books I love and recommend, but I can’t say any of them are absolute necessities. But here’s a list of some that meant something to me/made a difference in my life:

THE CAINE MUTINY Herman Wouk
      MARJORIE MORNINGSTAR Herman Wouk
      THE CHURCH OF DEAD GIRLS Stephen Dobyns
      WIVES OF THE FISHERMEN Angela Huth
      NEVERWHERE Neil Gaiman
      LORD OF THE RINGS J.R.R. Tolkein
      PRIDE & PREJUDICE Jane Austen
      DO ANDROIDS DREAM OF ELECTRIC SHEEP? Philip K. Dick

…I know there are more that I just can’t think of at the moment, but those are some of my absolutel favorites.

23. Allie
    · August 11th, 2010 at 3:55 pm · Link

Happy Birthday Stacia!!!

I found your site before the books. Karen Marie Moning (whose Fever series I ADORE) recommended you on her blog, but I wasn’t sure about the title ‘Unholy Ghosts’… So, I had a browse around your site to see if you had posted a preview and loved your blogs and tweets (they are almost as entertaining as your books :mrgreen: ) and I was enraptured by Unholy Ghosts immediately. This was followed by the longest two months of my life – counting the ‘sleeps’ until the next release πŸ˜‰

You are now in my top 3 favourite authors along with KMM and Ilona Andrews!

I’m all for more snippets on the site – yay! If you don’t get to include more of Terrible’s back story in the books, some character profiles on the site would be awesome if its possible. I would also love to read The Church’s file on Chess.

Question…hmmm…since I found your books in this way, have you read any good UF books recently that you would recommend?

23.1
      · August 13th, 2010 at 10:06 pm · Link

Thank you, Allie! You know, I never thought of doing Chess’s personnel file. Hmm. That could be fun. And I’m definitely going to give more thought to character profiles for the site, too.

As for UFs I love, I can’t recommend Caitlin Kittredge’s STREET MAGIC enough; it’s the first book in her Black London series, which now has two books out there. It’s wonderful.

Cherie Priest has a UF coming out late this year or early next called BLOODSHOT, which is of course excellent, too. And then there’s her BONESHAKER, which isn’t really UF but is close enough, and is great.

And there are all my fellow members of the League of Reluctant Adults, and Kari Stewart’s DEVIL IN THE DETAILS. All wonderful reads!

24. abbe
    · August 11th, 2010 at 4:09 pm · Link

Happy Happy Birthday…
    Not quite a lurker yet as I only discovered your books last week. I’m another who wandered over from the KMM site where you were proclaimed a goddess. Ever so glad I did…I devoured Downside and then went on to finish the feast with some demons. 😈 Can’t wait to see what’s next….thanks so much!

• abbe
      24.1
      · August 11th, 2010 at 4:11 pm · Link

Ha…didn’t realize I was logged in under my husband’s account. Though he says Happy Birthday too…

24.1.1
        · August 13th, 2010 at 10:07 pm · Link

Thanks Abbe! And thanks to your husband too! :)

25. Jackie B Central Texas
    · August 11th, 2010 at 6:35 pm · Link

😎 Happy Birthday Stacia, hope today was a nice day for you and you spent it doing what made you happy!
    I am a lurker both on Twitter and the blog, love to read what other’s write and your replies because it makes me smile. I also like to read your blog “rants” and or posts where you address issues most people will not touch for fear of either looking foolish or not having the guts to talk about on a public forum like blog or twitter…

many happy returns and hope you have many more great birthdays in the future…

jackie ^_^

25.1
      · August 13th, 2010 at 10:29 pm · Link

Thanks Jackie!

I do have certain topics I won’t discuss here–politics, mostly–but I decided a long time ago that some people are just not going to like me no matter what, for whatever reason. They won’t understand me or they won’t give me a chance or whatever, so I’m not going to worry about pleasing everyone. Obviously I don’t enjoy being disliked, and I’d rather not be, but we can’t all understand each other, can we? And if you don’t like me you probably won’t like my books either, so I don’t worry so much about selling or not selling my books.

The rules of the blog aren’t here to sell books, they’re here because I just don’t like judgements, arguments and antagonism, and I don’t like visiting places online where lots of that goes on. I don’t see why people have to always be right, or why they have to jump to the nastiest possible conlusions about other people; it’s not enough that they don’t like your shirt, for example, they decide you wore it because you’re trying to be something you’re not. You know? When they don’t know you at all and so have no idea what you are. Or they knew you briefly years before but refuse to acknowledge that people grow and change. That sort of thing. People who can’t allow themselves to be open-minded because that would be too threatening to their own self-image, which is based solely on what they perceive their status to be. I dislike that sort of thing intensely.

Anyway. (Sorry, here I go ranting!) As I said above and as I’ve said many times before, I get paid to entertain people and that’s what I try to do here on the blog as well as in my books. And I’m aware that there are some situations or places where I may carry a bit more influence than other people, and if I see unfairness or whatever occurring in one of those areas where I can do something about it or call attention to it, I think it’s kind of my responsibility to do so. It’s lost me a few friends over the years, sadly, but if I think something is the right thing to do it’s hard for me not to do that.

And again, if people are going to dislike me for that they probably wouldn’t have liked me anyway. Not everyone is your friend, and they’re just not going to be. And some of them can get pretty cruel about it; I’ve had things said about me that made me want to kill myself. I don’t see the point of that, and I don’t see how anyone can forget that the person–not the book, but the actual person–they’re having so much fun ripping apart in public, and encouraging others to rip apart for no reason except that they can or they disagree about an issue or think they do, is a real person with real feelings. To be hated, insulted, and made fun of by people you’ve never interacted with in any way is shocking and scary and immensely upsetting. But sadly, it seems to be part of the job these days, so we just try to move on as best we can.

But. That is a long rant! Thanks again, and it was a wonderful birthday!

26. Pamk
    · August 11th, 2010 at 6:36 pm · Link

Happy Birthday. hope you had a gret one. Mine was Sunday. Sending you a cyber cupcake from my stash.

26.1
      · August 13th, 2010 at 10:31 pm · Link

Thank you, Pam! Hope you had a happy birthday too! πŸ˜‰

27. Karen
    · August 11th, 2010 at 6:48 pm · Link

Happy Birthday!
    I just wanted to say that I loved LOVED Unholy Ghosts, Unholy Magic & City of Ghosts. And I adore Terrible! And you made me cry in City of Ghosts, which I never do (I might rant at books, but cry? uh uh) – it was that good.
    So, Happy Birthday! Hope its an awesome day.

27.1
      · August 13th, 2010 at 10:33 pm · Link

Thank you, Karen! I’m so glad you like the books!

You know what’s funny is, I’d never cried at one of my own books until I wrote the final scene in CITY OF GHOSTS. I hardly ever cry at books, actually. But after I typed THE END on that one I wandered around my house sobbing for like half an hour. It was pretty intense.

28. krupke
    · August 11th, 2010 at 6:58 pm · Link

Happy Birthday Stacia :smile:
    So far I’ve read the Megan Chase and Downside series and have enjoyed both. I love Chess, Terrible and Lex and have found myself becoming attached to Elder Griffin as well. Looking forward to future forays into the Downside world as well as your future projects.

28.1
      · August 13th, 2010 at 10:38 pm · Link

Thank you, Krupke! I do like Elder Griffin a lot, too. And I have some definite plans for him in the future. πŸ˜‰

29. Tez Miller
    · August 11th, 2010 at 7:19 pm · Link

Enjoy being twenty-seven πŸ˜‰

I read your blog because I’m interested in the Downside Ghosts series, and want to stay up-to-date with your writing and sales.

29.1
      · August 13th, 2010 at 10:38 pm · Link

Thanks Tez! I will certainly try to enjoy it. :)

30. Carol M.
    · August 11th, 2010 at 8:06 pm · Link

Hi Stacia! A very Happy Birthday to you! I am reading City of Ghosts right now and love it. :)

See you at D*C. :)

30.1
      · August 13th, 2010 at 10:39 pm · Link

Hi Carol! Looking forward to it!

31. Moonsanity (Brenda)
    · August 11th, 2010 at 10:46 pm · Link

I’m not a lurker, but I just wanted to say Happy Birthday :mrgreen: I love your blog posts and your books. I hope you had a very special day, and evening.

31.1
      · August 13th, 2010 at 10:40 pm · Link

Thanks Brenda! I’ll never forget how you were one of the very first people who reviewed PERSONAL DEMONS on your blog, and how cool that was. I’m glad you stick around!

32. Angie
    · August 12th, 2010 at 3:27 am · Link

Hey, happy birthday! πŸ˜€ I hope you had a wonderful day, and got lots of awesome loot.

No particular questions. I finally got all three Downside books, though, and am working on the first one in my copious book-reading time. I love Chess as a character so far, though. I remember the kerfuffling over the fact that she’s a [gasp!!] drug addict, but it fits her character perfectly. I think (mainstream, het) romance readers have just gotten too accustomed to staying inside their narrow fences. The fact that this isn’t a romance (Del Rey, anyone?) just underscores the fact that the genre romance rules shouldn’t and don’t apply here.

Great characters, wonderfully drawn world, interesting plot — definitely enjoying so far.

Angie

32.1
      · August 14th, 2010 at 12:52 am · Link

Thanks, Angie! And yeah, it’s a little frustrating, I admit. I love romance and I love romance readers, but these books are not romances, and that was deliberate. It is rough to be judged so harshly, especially when it’s often by people who haven’t read the book, especially when they move beyond disliking the character into personal insults, especially when you’re writing something that romance heroes are allowed to get away with but heroines apparently aren’t. It’s rough to be judged by the standards of another genre, especially when you’ve tried very hard to make it clear that the books are not in that genre. I resent the idea that because I’m a woman writing about a female main character I’m somehow accountable for the conventions of genre romance; I don’t see books by men being judged that way.

As I’ve said before, I find the idea that Chess’s addiction makes her unsuitable as a heroine extremely upsetting. She’s an addict, not a child molester. In the beginning of UNHOLY GHOSTS she had essentially no one else in her life, so wasn’t hurting anyone in any way with her addiction. And the biggest thing to me is, since when do we get to decide what kind of people are worthy of happiness? Or adventure? Or of giving and receiving love? Doesn’t everyone deserve a chance at that? Aren’t people multi-faceted, so one quality of a personality doesn’t constitute the whole of that personality?

The idea of deciding someone isn’t worthy of happiness or comfort in their life because of a habit or weakness they have or whatever is morally repugnant to me, frankly. Who among us has never done anything they’re ashamed of, never hurt anyone else whether accidentally or on purpose? Who’s never felt like maybe they aren’t good enough or whatever? Do you know what I mean?

Sigh, rant rant rant. But thanks a lot. It was a fantastic birthday!

• Angie
        32.1.1
        · August 14th, 2010 at 8:33 pm · Link

[Umm, SPOILERS BELOW I guess, in case anyone’s reading comments at this point.]

Stacia — I agree; it seems there’s a huge wall of judgement in romance, beyond which anyone who doesn’t qualify as a Goody Two-Shoes isn’t allowed to pass, at least not without enough groveling and wailing and breast-beating to satisfy the audience. It’s only prominent writers like Jo Beverley who can turn mistresses (women who’ve actually had sex with multiple men) into “heroines” without having the woman practically need to be stopped from suiciding rather than polluting the wonderful man with her tainted presence. And only men are allowed to have substance abuse problems. πŸ˜›

It’s one thing to apply genre romance rules to genre romances — although this is one of the reasons I’m happily ensconced in m/m, where 90% of the rules from the het side don’t apply — but spreading them to other genres is just ridiculous. I have a feeling it’s because you wrote romances before; they see you as one of theirs, and therefore still subject to their rules and judgement, no matter what you’re doing now. Also, urban fantasy (at least when written by women) is seen by many as just a romance subgenre these days, so that’s working against you too. :/

At any rate, those of us who haven’t drunk the hearts-and-flowers koolaid can still judge your Downside books on their own merits. I just finished the first one and loved it all the way to the end. (Terrible is pretty cool. I want to cuddle him, which sounds weird, LOL! but there you go. πŸ˜€ )

Chess’s drug addiction was a major plot point at the end — she (and Terrible) might not’ve been able to stay awake through the Thief’s last attacks if she hadn’t had the speed with her, and the bad guys would’ve broken through Bump’s guards sooner if they’d not been on something speedish, so a Goody Two-Shoes who only associated with other squeaky-clean Good Guys would probably have been defeated there.

Also earlier, Chess’s wondering whether what she’d seen was real or whether it was the drugs talking, and pushing her experience at that point aside, was another plot point. So it’s not like the drugs was just a random character flaw pasted on; it was fully integrated into the plot, and the story wouldn’t have worked (or rather, would’ve needed a major remodel) if you tried to pull it out. This is an example of excellent craftsmanship in character development, and in integrating the individual character into the plot; haters can bite me.

Angie

33. sarah
    · August 12th, 2010 at 5:40 am · Link

Im a lurker who has decided to comment at last.
    BIG happy Birthday to you.

I got my hot little hands on book 3 yesterday and was looking forward to a night in bed as im pregnant and feeling seasick all the time and a book in bed is my one bit of peacetime i get now. (any quite frankly the chess and terrible situation has been killing me for months!)

To cut a long story short, i ended up in the emergency department thinking i was losing my baby, I had a long wait till i could get in for a scan, and my copy of City of Ghosts gave me a wonderfull distraction from my panic and fear. I escaped completley and read the entire thing in one sitting!

Thankyou for saving my sanity, and thankyou for such awesome books, im looking for your other ones to keep me distracted for the next 7 months, as the baby was just fine and healthy and hanging in there!

DO you reckon I could give it the middle name ‘terrible’? .

Thanks!

Sarah.

33.1
      · August 14th, 2010 at 12:59 am · Link

Hi Sarah!

Oh my goodness! I’m so, so glad everything is okay with your baby, and so touched and honored by the idea that something I wrote helped you forget your worries even for a few minutes. I really can’t thank you enough for telling me that.

Promise you’ll comment again when it’s born? :)

And you probably could give it that middle name, heh. Why not? When I was in high school I said I was going to give whatever child I had “Fucking” as a middle name. I loved the idea of the kid being called, frex, “Stacia Fucking Kane.” Imagine the principal or whomever having to read that full name out loud at graduation and stuff! (I never seriously planned to do it, but I did sort of dream about it for a while.)

Anyway, thanks again so much, it was a lovely birthday, and again, that’s really an amazing thing for me to hear. Take care of yourself!

34. Marie
    · August 12th, 2010 at 7:54 am · Link

I’m one of the people who found their way here through twitter. I’d read the Vampire Academy books and fallen in love with them, so I wanted to follow Richelle Mead on twitter. To better understand what she was talking about sometimes, I started following the people she talked to, and discovered a whole bunch of interesting authors that I’d never heard of, mainly because I’ve just recently begun exploring these genres a bit more, and also because none of them seem to be translated into Swedish. (Not that I read much in Swedish anymore, but it’s probably one of the reasons why I’d never heard of most of these authors.)

Previously I’d mostly read what I’d been recommended by friends. (Vampire Academy was one of those recommendations). So I bought books by several of the authors that seemed interesting on twitter. But I kept hearing on twitter from people who’d had the opportunity to read Unholy Ghosts before everyone else, that there was something special about this book. Of course it made me curious, and after reading a few interviews about the origin of the books, I decided to buy and start reading UG. And boy am I happy I did!

The Downside books have turned out to be one of my favorite series, and I can’t believe how long we have to wait before we get to read the next one!
    I’ve just finished City of Ghosts and of course I loved it! πŸ˜€
    I haven’t read any of the deleted scenes yet. I wanted to wait until I’d read all of the books first, but now I’m looking forward to reading everything else.

Hmm, when you talked about taking this opportunity to ask questions, I immediately wanted to ask some questions. Only problem is I can’t really think of any right now! lol
    But after seeing that beautiful, beautiful picture that your husband took of you when you went out to dinner on your birthday, it made me curious about your tattoos! You mentioned one of them in a previous answer, but I’d like to know what they all are and what they represent. πŸ˜€

I’ve often thought about getting a tattoo, but it’s so permanent, and my mind feels a bit too fickle hehe. Like if I’d wanted to tattoo my favorite quotes, there wouldn’t be any space left on my body, because there are so many. So how did/do you decide what to tattoo? πŸ˜‰

When it comes to what I’d like to read on the blog, I haven’t really read it long enough to say. I generally like most posts. Like several people have pointed out, you seem to have an ability to be funny and interesting in most of what you write, whether it’s here or on twitter. πŸ˜€
    However, I think my favorite posts are when you ramble on in general about things that are on your mind. It makes me think, and wonder what my opinion/position is.

Oh, and Happy Birthday again!!

• Dora
      34.1
      · August 12th, 2010 at 8:55 am · Link

Happy Birthday,
      Although I have posted before, everyone should be reminded that they are great, and you are so very talented.

I regretfully did not enter the contest since I do not Twitter and I could not on FB due to privacy issues, but I’m always willing to break the rules….I mean strongly worded suggestions πŸ˜‰

Keep the muse fed.

Dora

34.1.1
        · August 14th, 2010 at 1:21 am · Link

Oh, thank you so much, Dora, what a lovely thing to say! And you know, there will always be other contests. :)

I really appreciate your comment, thanks again!

34.2
      · August 14th, 2010 at 1:18 am · Link

Hi Marie! Thanks for commenting, and for the birthday wishes, and for everything else! Yeah, Richelle is great, isn’t she? I’m proud to call her my friend, she’s a wonderful person.

Not many translations in Sweden, huh? I wonder why? What kinds of books are big sellers there?

Oh, the tattoos. The one on my right shoulder/upper arm is a Seshat heiroglyph; Seshat was the Egyptian Goddess of writing (the female counterpart of Thoth) and the heiroglyph itself means “writing.” Beneath the glyph is leopard print, because she was often depicted as wearing it, which I loved because I love leopard print. :) That tattoo was my present to myself for selling the Downside books, actually. I’d promised myself for ages that if I sold a series to NY I’d get a tattoo to commemorate it, so I did.

On the crest on my right bicep (I guess that’s what it’s called) it says “I am not afraid.” That’s a reminder to myself to be honest in my work and tell the truth, not to hide, to say and do what I feel is right and stand up for those things. And to be true to myself in my work, and not just write whatever’s easy or try to follow a trend, but to write what truly means something to me and calls to me. And really that’s how I decided what to get as far as tattoos as well, at least now that I’m a bit older and hopefully wiser. I want to get things that really mean something to me.

On my left shoulderblade is a little lizard, because I really like lizards; that was my first tat, when I was eighteen. The following year I got an equality symbol on my right ankle, which I regret now and might get removed. The ankle isn’t a particularly flattering place to be inked, I don’t think, but that’s just my opinion obviously.

I love word/phrase tattoos more than anything and would love to get more. I think when you find the right one you just sort of know it; the more you repeat it the more it sounds natural and like it belongs on you. So it’s worth playing around with.

And thank you so much! I do try to be entertaining and amusing, so this is a fun place to be. The blog may be about me, but really it’s about you guys, and I want everyone to feel welcome and to enjoy reading here. So it’s lovely to see your comment and the others which say I succeed in that! :)

• Marie
        34.2.1
        · August 14th, 2010 at 10:59 am · Link

I had a feeling about which books are big sellers in Sweden, but I wanted to check, and it was kind of like I thought. Most of the top sellers are books by Swedish authors, and none of them are UF/PNR or similar. They are not really genres that are widely known here, at least not outside of the YA category. On the other hand, many of the YA books are in those genres (which is why I’ve read a lot in that category). The Hunger Games, Shiver, Hush Hush, Vampire Academy, House of Night are all books that are translated into Swedish, but there are a lot fewer adult books.

There are big sellers like Charlaine Harris and Diana Gabaldon (and of course Stephenie Meyer), but I can’t really think of anyone else. On the lists right now, outside of books by Swedish authors, are crime novels (crime novels are huge in Sweden, and have been for some time) and Joyce Carol Oates.

UF and PNR are growing as genres here too, even though very few Swedish authors write these books. I’ve been thinking about writing to a couple of libraries and suggesting that they include books like yours. The genres are on the rise, I’d say, but the libraries haven’t really caught up.

A book like Kat Richardson’s Greywalker seems to be only available in one library in the entire country, and the closest library I can find a book by Rachel Caine is about 100 miles from here. Dark Lover by J.R. Ward is available in three libraries. A lot of the authors can’t be found in any library in the country. :sad:

I’m so jealous of everyone who gets to go to signings by their favorite authors. In Sweden we rarely get the chance. Of course that’s partly because we are a small country with low sales even if they’re high in relation to the population. But also because few UF/PNR authors are published here.

There is a big book fair in Gothenburg every year, which can be a good opportunity to meet authors. This year the themes are Africa, Human Rights and Health which is great, but not a lot of UF/PNR going on there, you know?
        John Ajvide Lindqvist who wrote “Let the right one in” is going to be there, but that’s basically it. I think he’s Sweden’s only published author that’s writing vampire/zombie books (for adults).

Thanks for answering my question about your tattoos! It was really interesting to read. I’m always curious to hear why people get their tattoos, and what the thought behind it was. Where I work at the moment, almost everyone has at least one tattoo, and it seems to be popular to tattoo one’s own name, which I really don’t get. πŸ˜•
        Don’t you remember your name? Or is it for when you get old and forgetful to remind you of it?? Or is it just that you couldn’t think of anything else? Please explain! LOL

I love the “I am not afraid” tattoo. I guess it can also work as a reminder if you’re wavering, or if something does scare you. Look at the tattoo, take a deep breath, and take a step forward.
        The way you think about your writing, I think is the way to write a book that really touches people’s hearts. Of course you also have to be a good writer, but if you don’t care about your characters, then why should we as readers?

Thanks for the advice on when to know when it’s right to get a tattoo! I love the quote “It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.” Buuut I don’t think I’ll tattoo it on my body anytime soon (or maybe….). πŸ˜‰
        So I think I’ll keep thinking about it!

35. Lisa
    · August 12th, 2010 at 8:14 am · Link

Hi! I guess I am one of those lurkers!! I don’t leave a comment cuz I don’t have anything witty to say or something you haven’t heard before.
    I like reading your post cuz you seem like someone I can identify with!! Plus your funny!
    I have finished the 3 Chess books, loved the depth of the story and the characters. I wasn’t sure about Downspeak, but it makes their world more real.
    I am reading the Morgan series now. I liked the first one a lot. Just makes me laugh and enjoy!!
    Thanks!!
    Happy Birthday!!
    Lisa

35.1
      · August 14th, 2010 at 1:24 am · Link

Hi Lisa! Thank you so much!

You don’t have to feel like your comment has to be witty, though. I’m happy to see anything you want to say. πŸ˜‰ But I do understand if you don’t want to speak up, too. I’m just thrilled people read here, and am so pleased by how many people delurked for my birthday!

And yeah, the Demons books are fun, I think. Certainly that’s what I tried to make them be.

Thanks again so much!

36. Lisa (lisascribe)
    · August 12th, 2010 at 8:58 am · Link

Hope you had a great Birthday! I am a lurker, but I wanted to say that I find your work emotionally and intellectually compelling. I could scarcely breathe until the resolution of the romantic and other conflicts in CG. I literally gasped out loud in several places. Great work.

Best wishes and Happy Birthday!

Lisa

36.1
      · August 14th, 2010 at 10:14 pm · Link

Oh, Lisa, thank you! I think “emotionally and intellectually compelling” is one of the best compliments I’ve ever gotten. Certainly it’s something I strive for, so I can’t thank you enough for saying that.

37. Shiloh Walker
    · August 12th, 2010 at 9:36 am · Link

awwww… you have faeries? I have bratlets and a monster, although occasionally, the monster turns into Romeo.

πŸ˜‰ Happy Belated!

37.1
      · August 14th, 2010 at 10:15 pm · Link

I have a Princess and a Faerie! :) Princess just turned nine and Faerie is going to be six in December.

38. Deb
    · August 12th, 2010 at 6:22 pm · Link

Happy birthday that was, Stace πŸ˜† Gawd, even though I’m in the future I am still late sending you best wishes.

As I have emailed and twittered in the past you already know why I visit here, all of your books are amongst the best I have ever read (and when you’re my age “ever” is a looooong time πŸ˜› ) I even joined the Terrible group at goodreads because I love the man so, and I NEVER join groups anymore. He’s simply irresistable, true thing aye ❗

Questions, hmmm — I have wondered what all the drugs Chess mentions are equivalent to in reality. I mean, I can work most of them out myself but her beloved Cepts confuse me, also Pandas & Ouzers. Again, I can guess but took this chance to ask the only One-Who-Knows πŸ˜‰

Hope your birthday was as wonderful as you deserve. :smile:

38.1
      · August 14th, 2010 at 10:33 pm · Link

Thanks Deb! And who cares if it’s after my actual birthday? It’s still great to have someone say “Happy Birthday!”

Oh, dear. I’d wanted to keep it vague because I don’t want to be seen as advocating/advertising/whatever, but I did say I’ll answer anything, so here goes. Cepts are Percocets. Oozers are a heavy muscle relaxant/sleeping pill, like Halcion. Pandas are Valiums. The Valtruin Chess found and took in UNHOLY GHOSTS was a Quaalude. Nips are Preludin. Dream is obviously opium/heroin. So there you go. :)

Thanks again! It was a lovely birthday.

39. Michelle
    · August 12th, 2010 at 7:46 pm · Link

Happy Birthday, Stacia! I just started following you on Twitter after I read Unholy Ghosts, Unholy Magic, and City of Ghosts. I can’t explain how much I love them. I am recommending them to everyone, but I am not willing to lend out my copies yet.
    Come to Portland, OR for a signing.

39.1
      · August 14th, 2010 at 10:36 pm · Link

Thank you, Michelle! I really appreciate that!

And I’d love to come to Portland for a signing. :) My problem is that I’m honestly a bit scared to do signings, especially ones where I’m the only author, because I picture myself sitting alone at a table for two hours feeling like the world’s biggest loser. So I generally don’t try to schedule them. Maybe one of these days that will change.

But I do have quite a few friends in the PNW, and I’ve always wanted to visit. It’s definitely on my list!

40. Aniko
    · August 13th, 2010 at 4:32 am · Link

Hope you had a wonderful birthday!!

I just discovered your Downside Ghosts series (thanks to the wonderful girls on Charlaine Harris’ message board). I’ve just finished Unholy Magic. I read Unholy Ghosts and Unholy Magic in 2 days and have City of Ghosts ready to go. All I can say is wow, just wow!! I am enjoying them so much and was very excited to see that there will be more in the series. Thanks for such beautifully written books with wonderfully complex, well-drawn characters.

40.1
      · August 14th, 2010 at 10:45 pm · Link

Thank you, Aniko! Charlaine is such a fantastic lady, isn’t she? I actually met her at Dragon*Con last year, which is how she ended up getting a galley of UNHOLY GHOSTS and reading it (I didn’t know she was even going to read it, actually, I just gave it to her as a thank-you for her books). A month or so later someone sent me a link for a podcast interview she’d done, where she said Terrible was her favorite secondary character. Of course I freaked out, and told my editor and agent and everyone, and my editor emailed Charlaine and asked if, since she’d said she liked the book, would she be willing to blurb it, and she did. So I really owe Charlaine a lot; I will never be able to repay it but I can certainly try.

I’m so glad you liked the books! It’s amazing how there are so many places online where readers can gather and talk. I think that’s so cool.

And I hope you liked CITY OF GHOSTS just as much! I’m excited about doing more, too. :)

1. Tweets that mention It’s that time again! | Stacia Kane -- Topsy.com