What Stace had to say on Wednesday, September 15th, 2010
Fuzzy Dice and Slaughterhouses

Just a quick one today, because I’ve been dinking around all morning and now have to go do stuff in like half an hour. Plus, I’m still not feeling great. Just a general sort of queasiness which hit me late yesterday afternoon (NO, contrary to what certain dorks named Brigwyn said on Twitter, I am not pregnant).

So. I was asked this morning by Anilu, the genius behind many of the t-shirt logos which you guys will hopefully be able to see soon (and things are moving along with that, more slowly than I would have liked, but they are moving along and again, the end result should be less expensive stuff plus a much wider variety), if Terrible had fuzzy dice hanging from the rearview mirror of the Chevelle. My immediate thought was that he did. But I wasn’t entirely sure.

So I grabbed my copy of UG (since I’m writing the 4th book–and it’s coming along!–I keep copies of all three by the couch in case I need to double-check something) and started looking. And I popped onto Twitter to ask if anyone could remember, did he have fuzzy dice, and if so, where in the book did I mention it?

About eight people replied that yes, he definitely did. But we couldn’t find the reference. This went on for, oh, ten minutes, with all of us convinced that Terrible did indeed have fuzzy dice but with none of us able to find anywhere in the books where they’re mentioned. Finally I opened the original mss and searched for “dice,” on each of them.

Guess what? No dice.

So now I have to decide if I want to give him dice. On the one hand, he’s really not the kind of guy who would buy them for himself. On the other hand, it is exactly the kind of thing, say, Katie might buy for him, or that he might think are kind of funny/cool to have, so they’re totally the kind of thing he would have. I mean, they’re dice. he has a belt buckle with dice on them (yes, he does, I just never mentioned it; he has lots of different ones), so why not fuzzy dice?

But the crazy thing is that when I asked the question, everyone, even me, was convinced that he already had fuzzy dice. All of us. We just knew he did.

So what do you say? Shall I go ahead and give him fuzzy dice?

Also, we’ve done another round of updates! Check the Fun Stuff page in particular; there are some CITY OF GHOSTS deleted scenes (especially the two scenes which ended up becoming the burning slaughterhouse scene)! And some reader-made wallpapers and buttons for you to copy and use for whatever you like! And links to the Goodreads and Shelfari groups readers have set up, if you’d like to join in the discussions. There are a few new interviews linked on the media page. I’d meant to have a page listing all of the books I read but that page didn’t get made, and my weblady is on vacation. So I may try to set that up myself.

Anyway, go have fun with all the new things. I hope you enjoy them. And, if you’ve created anything based on the books–wallpapers, buttons, livejournal or webforum icons, whatever–and you would like to share them with other readers here, just let me know. I’m happy to add them.

So…fuzzy dice, yay or nay?

26 comments to “Fuzzy Dice and Slaughterhouses”

1. tori aka ggs_closet
    · September 15th, 2010 at 11:31 am · Link

Well, since I thought they were already there, then yes, make my memories of the fuzzy dice a reality. 😉

2. synde
    · September 15th, 2010 at 11:32 am · Link

fuzzy dice yay…and I like that Katie would have bought them for him.. :smile:

3. Melissa (My World...in words and pages)
    · September 15th, 2010 at 11:35 am · Link

Fuzzy Dice… Yay! It seems to fit the bill with the other things. :) And it would be perfect to sneak in that Katie gave them to him. He would most definitely cherish them from her.

That was fun this afternoon hearing about the dice though. Wild how everyone thought they were there. Even me, but I kept second guessing myself.

4. Leelee
    · September 15th, 2010 at 11:41 am · Link

I, too, remember the fuzzy dice. They just fit.

5. midnightblooms
    · September 15th, 2010 at 11:42 am · Link

Yay. He’d definitely have some.

6. Jamie
    · September 15th, 2010 at 12:22 pm · Link

I feel like I remember fuzzy dice, too. They just sound like something Terrible would have.

7. Paperback Dolls
    · September 15th, 2010 at 1:34 pm · Link

I say yes!

8. Missy Ann
    · September 15th, 2010 at 1:38 pm · Link

Testament to how well Terrible (et al.) is written, that we all *know* something about him that didn’t make it on the page.

9. Zanthera
    · September 15th, 2010 at 3:21 pm · Link

That is something! People collectively knowing something about a character that never quite was.

On another note memorable gifts on character cue cards… I like.

::runs off looking to look at cue cards::

10. tiffany
    · September 15th, 2010 at 3:23 pm · Link

Terrible would not have fuzzy dice on his awesome cheville! NO WAY! those things are so gay and hes hardcore and he’s punk and a real punk would never have fuzzy dice. Chess would prob make fun of him for them if he did have them. Please dont give him fuzzy dice and ruin the car!!!!

10.1
      · September 15th, 2010 at 3:26 pm · Link

Lol! I actually knew quite a few real punks who had fuzzy dice, because they were ironically amusing. My ex’s band had a set in every one of their broken-down crap vans. :) My instinct was no, too, but I did think he might have them for the same reason.

Will give it more thought, yeah.

11. Chelsea / Vampire Book Club
    · September 15th, 2010 at 3:41 pm · Link

I like the idea that Katie would give them to him, but he definitely wouldn’t buy it himself. I just don’t think he buys much decorative stuff, especially if it isn’t made of metal. :smile:

12. Betsy Dornbusch
    · September 15th, 2010 at 5:10 pm · Link

I think he’s got them, but then there’s the creative decision of when to mention them. Maybe right after he’s broken someone’s kneecaps or something.

13. Moonsanity (Brenda)
    · September 15th, 2010 at 5:12 pm · Link

What if he had dice made out of something else hanging on the mirror. Is there such a thing as bone dice? 😆 Yes, i am a freak.

14. Kris
    · September 15th, 2010 at 9:34 pm · Link

I thought he had fuzzy dice, too!! Just seems like an ironic thing that he’d have in his car…all hardcore and badass but has these fuzzy dice too. :)
    I like the idea of Katie giving them to him. :)
    And maybe somehow Chess gets hit in the head by them while they’re racing around the streets to chase down the next bad guy…make an extra fast/sharp turn? And that’s how they make their appearance? I think it’d be funny, anyway…

15. Aniko
    · September 16th, 2010 at 6:11 am · Link

He’s got ’69(?) Chevelle, of course he has fuzzy dice, they probably came with the car:grin:

16. Amanda S. (ManaChelle)
    · September 16th, 2010 at 7:21 am · Link

Thank you for putting the link to the Shelfari group up 😀 I had to call my hubby in to look at the computer I admit I was doing a happy dance,ha!
    It’s just really exciting because I love this series and hope that I can spread the word about it so anything like this makes me a happy girl 😉
    Still can’t wait for the next one!

17. Amanda
    · September 16th, 2010 at 8:58 am · Link

Yep; I can easily imagine Terrible’s Chevelle having a pair…

18. Karen
    · September 16th, 2010 at 10:15 am · Link

When I started to read the post, I chuckled because of course Terrible has fuzzy dice. Wait…?! He doesn’t?? What? He has a fuzzy dice car, he needs the fuzzy dice.

19. Leah
    · September 16th, 2010 at 10:22 am · Link

Yay..

• Stephanie
      19.1
      · September 16th, 2010 at 3:02 pm · Link

definitely i think he should have fuzzy dice.

20. T.Morgan
    · September 16th, 2010 at 3:12 pm · Link

The only way a guy like Terrible has fuzzy dice in that car, a restored ass-kicking ’69 Chevelle that had to have taken alot of work/money to obtain, is if Katie gave him the dice! Just my car-guy $0.02

T.Morgan

21. Anilu Magloire
    · September 16th, 2010 at 4:06 pm · Link

OMG!! You HAVE to give my Terrible the fuzzy dice!!! And that I started this whole craziness is just too coll for words 😆

22. Shiloh Walker
    · September 17th, 2010 at 5:43 am · Link

Yeah, I think he should have fuzzy dice… a gift from Katie would be sweet. I can see him getting all embarrassed and proud over it, too…

23. Mollie
    · September 21st, 2010 at 7:48 am · Link

Yay on the fuzzy dice!

24. Diana
    · September 26th, 2010 at 12:49 am · Link

I am *convinced* he had fuzzy dice. So I searched my Kindle for Android . . . and no fuzzy dice. WTF?!

Maybe they were in a deleted scene you didn’t submit to the publisher, but you published elsewhere. Because I find it odd that we *ALL* *specifically and explicitly* remember the mention of fuzzy dice that never happened.

1. Tweets that mention Fuzzy Dice and Slaughterhouses | Stacia Kane -- Topsy.com