What Stace had to say on Wednesday, December 8th, 2010
In Which News Explodes From Me

Okay, I have been waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and WAITING to get to tell you guys this, because it makes me really happy and it was all done and agreed in, geez, June, I think? But there was this and that and blah blah blah and the ultimate outcome is that I finally have signed contracts and can finally tell you all that there will be three more Downside books coming from HarperVoyager for all you fantastic UK/IRE/AUS readers!

*collapses exhausted* It has been killing me not to say anything, especially when you guys ask (which you have).

So that’s what I’ve been doing today. Signing contracts and ordering gifts, and of course today my Faerie turned six and she is very excited about it and how it took her six whole years to get to this point.

I really am exhausted, actually. I just realized I’ve only been getting five hours of sleep or so a night for the last few weeks; I can handle that when I’m actively working because working is very, um, adrenalizing? It’s not really like doing speed at all, it just wakes me the fuck up, basically, so when I finally force myself to go to bed–which for the last couple of weeks has been edging ever closer to six am–I lie there awake in the dark (and luckily it is dark in the bedroom, although I also do own sleepshades which come in very handy sometimes) for a couple of hours trying to come down. And then I get up at–for the last few weeks–about one-thirty in the afternoon. So it would be enough sleep if I actually slept when I got into bed, which I didn’t, so there you go.

The point is that I’m very, very tired at the moment. But! I am also re-reading the enormous doorstop I just wrote and am actually kind of enjoying it; I think I have some ideas where to tighten it up and yeah, there will be a nice selection of deleted scenes for the website after this book comes out. (Which no, I do not have a date yet, sorry, I’ll tell you as soon as I do.) (Same with the title.)

So. News! There you go! More books!

15 comments to “In Which News Explodes From Me”

1. Kevin Riley
    · December 8th, 2010 at 4:55 pm · Link

Awesome!

2. katiebabs
    · December 8th, 2010 at 5:52 pm · Link

*bowing down* Cheers aye? :mrgreen:

• Kathryn Smith
      2.1
      · December 8th, 2010 at 7:32 pm · Link

Yay for more books! Yay for doorstops! Looking forward to #4.

3. Gwen
    · December 8th, 2010 at 7:49 pm · Link

Yahooooo! I love your books and can’t wait for #4 and deleted scenes. Maybe I’ll just take the day off work when #4 is released!

4. Madelynne Ellis
    · December 9th, 2010 at 1:12 am · Link

Congrats, Stacia. That’s fantastic news.

5. Leyna
    · December 9th, 2010 at 3:56 am · Link

Your freaking awesome! Thank you! 😛 😛 😛

· December 9th, 2010 at 8:42 am · Link

Great news! Get some sleep. :)

7. kitlina
    · December 9th, 2010 at 12:48 pm · Link

YUPEEE I’m so so glad, I can’t wait :) And Happy Birthday to Faerie! you don’t even realize when they grow up, and she’ll be in first grade next year :)

8. Allie
    · December 9th, 2010 at 2:48 pm · Link

Woot!!!!! 😛

The wait is too looooooooooooooooooooooooong though I need me some Chess and Terrible 😥

9. Aniko
    · December 10th, 2010 at 4:40 am · Link

That is some fantastic news! I’m excited, too! I’m even more excited than you, because you have to do all the hard work and I, as a reader, just get to sit back and enjoy the end result:) So, does that mean there will be (at this point) a total of 8 books, or is that including the 2 already in progress?

9.1
      · December 11th, 2010 at 1:25 am · Link

It includes the two already in progress; I’m currently contracted for two more in the US–books 4 and 5–and three more in the UK–books 4, 5, and 6.

But fingers crossed, sales of the 4th will be strong enough in the US that Del Rey will want more beyond 5.

10. krupke
    · December 10th, 2010 at 12:56 pm · Link

Wonderful news! Looking forward to more stories in the Downside world. Will you be following and/or expanding upon other characters, i.e., will we get more POVs?

10.1
      · December 11th, 2010 at 1:26 am · Link

Thanks!

I don’t plan to write from different POVs, no, but I do have a short coming out in the HOME IMPROVEMENT: UNDEAD EDITION anthology in August 2011 (August 2, to be exact) that…I don’t want to spoil it, but you’ll get a different sort of look at the characters and world. :mrgreen:

11. Colleen
    · December 14th, 2010 at 1:12 pm · Link

I just finished Unholy Magic at lunch and hurried up and downloaded City of Ghosts. I am totally geeked knowing there will be more. 😀

12. Becca
    · December 17th, 2010 at 11:58 am · Link

I’m so glad to hear it’s going well for you!! I love (love, love, love) your Downside books. So does my husband. Thank you for writing them.

1. Tweets that mention In Which News Explodes From Me | Stacia Kane -- Topsy.com