What Stace had to say on Monday, January 10th, 2011
Democracy in Action

(I’m taking the title from the “Turd Sandwich vs. Douche” South Park episode, which is, I think, my favorite bit ever on that show; the song, I mean. Because the point here is, which do you like best?)

I’m not going to say which is my favorite.

Also…I do really like the haircut. And I’m starting to wonder if it wouldn’t look just adorable dyed black? Maybe with some fire-engine red or raspberry in it (I have both)? So I might do that at some point soon. That’s the best thing about having shorter hair; you can play with the colors a lot more because who cares if it gets damaged? Especially when you put numerous gobs of “product” in it to get it to stand up straight and all of that. Seriously, my dresser top is full of thickening potions, heat protectors, spray gels, softeners, sea-salt effect sprays, big hair mousses…and then in the bathroom are four different kinds of wax/pomade/hair glue thingys. (Currently I’m using–and really liking–Beyond the Zone Spike It Hair Cement. Definitely recommend it. I use their mousse wax too. Really good stuff, and not expensive either. I got a ton of stuff 2-for-1 at Sallys. Oh, and I became a Sally’s member, which would be great except I apparently didn’t form my C well enough and I now get regular emails for “Stalia.” Sigh.)

Anyway. Thinking of going black. Might be fun. And it’s not like I can’t bleach it back easily; I’ve been bleaching my own hair for years and years, I can mix up a good bleach in a heartbeat (well, anyone can, really, it’s not hard). Last time I got my haircut, on Xmas Eve, the guy asked if I’d ever considered being a hairdresser myself, because he was impressed with my bleach job and I told him how I cut my own hair for years, and my husband’s, and my ex-boyfriend’s too. I had considered it, actually, but now I’m working on this writing thing. But I still really enjoy doing that stuff.

Some of these are cropped, some aren’t. I’ve done a black-and-white version of a lot of them, and/or added a nifty effect to for fun to a few, and a few are just there for fun to begin with. Sorry, but I’m having a hell of a time trying to get these to upload in a normal-looking fashion–I have no idea why WordPress isn’t recognizing my returns and insists on putting several pictures per line, and then when I add < li > it makes those dots (but at least the pictures aren’t smooshed on top of each other). So…sorry about that.

LOTS of pictures under the cut:

One

One-BW

• 27 comments to “Democracy in Action”

1. Kathy C
      · January 10th, 2011 at 11:41 pm · Link

I like the first full body one of you in the redcheck. Well, I like the others too, but that’s my fave.

2. Kris
      · January 10th, 2011 at 11:50 pm · Link

“11p7”

3. SusiSunshine
      · January 10th, 2011 at 11:53 pm · Link

God that’S a hard decision. My favorites are number 4-6!
      Love the body shots most. 😉
      And the hair is awesome hon!

4. Tez Miller
      · January 10th, 2011 at 11:57 pm · Link

My favourite: http://www.staciakane.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/stacia11p3effect-222×300.jpg

Also, I love that South Park episode! I tend to quote it whenever an election is night 😉

5. Angie
      · January 11th, 2011 at 12:09 am · Link

I think I like stacia11pic1 best, then stacia11p7. Great hair, though — the fanciest thing I can do with mine is get it up in a ponytail, LOL!

Angie

6. Katie D
      · January 11th, 2011 at 12:24 am · Link

I think the “stacia11p9BW” is my favorite of the lot and you’ve got a ton of great shots here :)

7. lewzilla
      · January 11th, 2011 at 12:28 am · Link

My favorites are the ones with the skull print dress, but they all look great!

8. Synde
      · January 11th, 2011 at 12:30 am · Link

I like the ones of you in the dress best..
      That skully dress is so cute and you look awesome in strapless!

9. Jenn Bennett
      · January 11th, 2011 at 2:54 am · Link

Pic 1BW, 7, 3effect. So flippin’ cute!

10. Aniko

13. Amanda
      · January 11th, 2011 at 9:16 am · Link

stacia11p6

Love it!

14. Leelee
      · January 11th, 2011 at 10:04 am · Link

I like them all but I think my favorite is the seventh one down on the left. Stacia11p9BW.

· January 11th, 2011 at 10:30 am · Link

I like the second one in the right column for all author shots on ‘Downside’ series books. The haircut and hair coloring looks great as is. If you really want to see what it would be like black maybe you could photoshop black into the photo. Those are all great pictures.

16. Elishia
      · January 11th, 2011 at 10:32 am · Link

I love “Stacia11p9BW” your smile is great and you look super cute!

17. Missy Ann
      · January 11th, 2011 at 11:07 am · Link

Are we voting? 😀

My two favs are b & w. In black shirt with snakes on shoulders. And the skeleton dress.

The b&w skeleton dress is my fav because I think your expression is best in that one. It’s less posed and looks like it caught something of you in the photo. The b&w with the black snake shirt reads as more formal.

18. Leah
      · January 11th, 2011 at 11:14 am · Link

The first dress one is my favorite. And if you want them to change your name at Sally’s just ask them to fix it when you go back in. Real easy.

19. Katie
      · January 11th, 2011 at 12:32 pm · Link

11p6 is very flattering to face and body, plus your smile is so happy. 11p3effect is beautiful especially with light hair. I could easily see it being on a book jacket. It is very professional looking. I don’t envy you having to choose from these they are all really pretty.

20. Allie
      · January 11th, 2011 at 3:34 pm · Link

Oooh that’s hard.

Absolute fave is 11p7 – looks like a real smile that happened to be caught on camera rather than posed.

Runner up – DSCF1190 (probably more author-y)

21. annette
      · January 11th, 2011 at 4:34 pm · Link

I like the b/w ones esp. the second one

22. TravelingGal
      · January 11th, 2011 at 5:41 pm · Link

11p6 is my favorite!

23. Adelle Laudan
      · January 11th, 2011 at 7:26 pm · Link

Stacia11 p7 & p8

They are all nice though. I think the skull dress tells a little about the rebel side of you.

24. shiloh walker
      · January 11th, 2011 at 8:30 pm · Link

stacia11p9BW… I think black and white pics in general are just classy. And that one just looks more like ‘it’, if that makes sense.

25. Gwen
      · January 12th, 2011 at 4:59 pm · Link

11P7 OR 11p9 , I love the strapless skull dress!

26. Jane Smith
      · January 13th, 2011 at 2:34 pm · Link

Darling.

You just look GORGEOUS in all of those pictures. Go ahead and colour your hair how you want to: you’ll still be incredible.

I used to have my hair jet black–almost matt black–with hot pink streaks. The tomato red streaks weren’t so successful; they just didn’t glow against the black in the right way, and looked too tame for the result that I wanted. Hot pink and black’s the way to go; and gell your hair up at the front. That looks good on you.

Mwah!

27. Jill Sorenson
      · January 15th, 2011 at 11:31 am · Link

11p3 for sure (black and white closeup, w/ check shirt). Very pretty and relaxed.

1. Tweets that mention Democracy in Action | Stacia Kane -- Topsy.com