What Stace had to say on Tuesday, April 19th, 2011
Pre-empting the nails

Tomorrow I’ll do the nail post. I had an idea for them this week that didn’t work out, which I tried to cover with another idea which just looked silly, so I’m in basic dark silver mode at the moment.

But I’d meant to post last week just a quick little update, so here it is:

1. SACRIFICIAL MAGIC=February 2012. No exact date yet, but Feb it is.

2. Working on some really fun extra stuff, too.

3. Am finishing Book 5, while editing SACRIFICIAL MAGIC and working when I can on New Project and whatever else I can fit in there. Book 5 and SM’s edits are due at the end of this month(!) Plus, we are moving this summer. Barring something unforeseen we will be moving back to England, probably either mid-May or mid-June. So as you can imagine, things are crazy crazy crazy here. Forgive me if I’m not around much.

4. I will be at Frolicon this weekend, talking about writing, so if anyone is going, look for me and say hi!

14 comments to “Pre-empting the nails”

1. Miss Bliss
    · April 19th, 2011 at 4:50 pm · Link

Just finished City of Ghosts…damn woman that was awesome and freakin’ tough. Looking forward to Sacrificial Magic. Good luck with the move.

2. Carrie
    · April 19th, 2011 at 5:20 pm · Link

February seems so far away. T _T But it’s sweet that there is a release date! Totally going to be counting down lol

Congrats on the move! Hope everything goes smoothly.

“New Project” and I are starting to have a love/hate relationship, I think. It’s sure to be completely awesome and worth the wait, but I am not patient. At all. I’m going to have to work on that.

…Later.

3. Amanda
    · April 19th, 2011 at 7:57 pm · Link

Feb 2012!!! How will i make it i feel like Chess im going thru withdrawl but i guess it will be here soon :sad:

4. E
    · April 19th, 2011 at 10:12 pm · Link

FEBRUARY! That seems like forever! But I’m glad there ia a release date- I have something to focus on as I go through my Chess and Terrible withdrawls lol. Oh and I’m totally replacing yes with aye in my vocab!

Good luck with the move- moving is such a bitch- but exciting!

5. k reads
    · April 19th, 2011 at 10:37 pm · Link

I just re-read City of Ghosts… again.

Can’t wait for Sacrificial Magic to come out.
    Each book in this series has gotten better and better and the first one was really good so the bar was set pretty high.

6. Mardel
    · April 20th, 2011 at 12:52 am · Link

Oh Boy – I was so hoping to read a downside book before 2012…but it’s good to know that there are more on the way. I guess we could always re-read the first three. It’s always fun to reread a very good book, so possibly this summer, I’ll get my three copies out, reread them and the next thing I know, it’ll be Februrary! :) LOL don’t hate us for being impatient, it just means that we really loved your series. :)

7. Marie
    · April 20th, 2011 at 12:58 am · Link

Wow. I have to be honest, that’s very disappointing. That’s a painfully long time to wait for another story.

8. midnightblooms
    · April 20th, 2011 at 7:49 am · Link

*adds Sacrificial Magic to calendar* What? Yes, I put book releases on my calendar. How else do you organize your book buying?

Also, is it wrong for me to be jealous you’re moving to England? Because I am soooo jealous. :) Still good luck with the move!

9. Crystal
    · April 20th, 2011 at 8:30 am · Link

*Marks release date for SM on calendar* There!

Best of luck with your move – I am also jealous that you get to live in England…

:-)

10. Rhian
    · April 20th, 2011 at 9:43 am · Link

Everything that Carrie said!
    Plus, yay maybe when you’re back here in England we’ll get you at some of our non-US writing cons :smile:

· April 20th, 2011 at 1:19 pm · Link

I never thought you’d move back to England. They say one incredibly difficult move in a lifetime is all a person can stand. I’ll say a little prayer for your sanity. :)

12. Allie
    · April 25th, 2011 at 3:25 pm · Link

February? Argh! We got so spoiled having the first 3 released back-to-back. I am so grateful you didn’t end COG on a cliff hanger because the wait would have been (even more) torturous!

Yay, you’re moving over here! Unfortunately you just missed the 7 day summer 😉

• Carrie
      12.1
      · April 26th, 2011 at 6:04 am · Link

I started reading them when they were already all released so I had zero downtime between books lol This is slow torture. Maybe I should take up yoga?

13. Tina
    · April 28th, 2011 at 9:54 am · Link

I hope you are doing ok. 😐

1. Release Date News! | Yummy Men and Kick Ass Chicks