What Stace had to say on Wednesday, May 18th, 2011
Happenings

1. As I think I mentioned before, we are moving this summer, back to the UK. The move itself is booked for June 10, or rather, we’re officially leaving June 10. We’ll be traveling for a short time before that.

I’m excited about it. A little apprehensive the way you are any time you move, but generally excited. And of course, ugh, all the work of moving; the packing, the planning what you can use up beforehand and what you can’t, blah blah blah, it all sucks.

2. Still working away. I’m really excited about this fifth book; there’s a whole bunch of stuff going on in it, whee!

3. I’m planning a couple of really cool blog rants for the coming weeks.

4. Just officially confirming for anyone who pays attention to such things that as reported in Publisher’s Marketplace yesterday, my agent Chris Lotts is starting his own agency (The Lotts Agency), and will continue to represent me there.

14 comments to “Happenings”

1. Crystal
    · May 18th, 2011 at 2:18 pm · Link

Aw! Moving DOES suck! I always find it funny how it takes a move for me to realize just how much stuff I have… Lol! Good luck, though, and I’m glad you’re excited!

Looking forward to those rants and the fifth book!! :-)

2. Michele Lee
    · May 18th, 2011 at 2:29 pm · Link

What?? No! Now how am I supposed to meet you? I hope it works out well for you, of course, and that you get back over here for cons sometimes too!

3. Karen Mahoney
    · May 18th, 2011 at 3:14 pm · Link

*smiles*

*dances*

That is all!

Kaz
    x

4. Eleni Alexandraki
    · May 18th, 2011 at 6:26 pm · Link

I hope your move will be productive and “painless.” As for your agent, that’s great! I wish him luck!

· May 19th, 2011 at 7:56 am · Link

I hope the move proceeds without a hitch, but you’re sure right to be apprehensive. I’m looking forward to book four coming out. That’s a bold move to start an agency in these times.

6. Carrie
    · May 19th, 2011 at 1:13 pm · Link

I helped my best friend move about five times in as many years (actually it was probably more like three years and two of the moves were out of the same place) and I swear every time she had more crap than the last.

I will cross my fingers that your move it as uneventful as it can be.

7. Madelynne Ellis
    · May 19th, 2011 at 2:18 pm · Link

Hope the move goes well.

8. K.A. Stewart
    · May 19th, 2011 at 8:57 pm · Link

*sulk* I knew I should have tried to get to Dragon*con sooner. How are we supposed to rule the world if you go away??

9. Carolyn Crane
    · May 20th, 2011 at 12:41 pm · Link

Oh, no! You’re moving out of the country!!! I didn’t realize. But, I’m excited for you, Stacia! The UK!

I just moved this past weekend – the actual moving part I sure don’t envy. All my best wishes for you for this move to be as shockingly easy and non-stressful as possible.

10. Jenn Bennett
    · May 21st, 2011 at 11:15 pm · Link

Sorry to hear that you’re leaving ATL — if I had a chance to move to the UK, I’d be ecstatic. Hope the move goes smoothly. :)

11. Geekamicus
    · May 22nd, 2011 at 5:56 pm · Link

Oooh, moved 10 times in 10 years — 4x across the Atlantic. I pity you the work, but I’m excited for you for the being there. Actually, I’m jealous. I never got to go to a country that spoke English.

12. Gwen Hankins
    · May 28th, 2011 at 10:34 pm · Link

I just read “Be a sex writing Strumpet” on Kindle. You addressed like we were sitting across a coffee table eating doughnuts and discussing the subject at a leisurely pace over a period of time. It also felt like you were giving me (the reader) space enough to explore the ideas you presented and then form an opinion and then “join the discussion again–or just listen–lol! Best wishes on your move! One of my best mates lives in the UK and someday I hope to visit.

13. darchole
    · May 31st, 2011 at 9:20 pm · Link

Good luck. Does that mean you’ll post pictures on the blog when you get settled into the new place?

14. Seeley deBorn
    · June 1st, 2011 at 5:14 pm · Link

Dude! You’re going back?? Dammit. My post-school road trip just made a detour.