Eek! »

What Stace had to say on Wednesday, June 1st, 2011
SACRIFICIAL MAGIC Release date

Lookie! I have an official, yes-this-is-it release date for SACRIFICIAL MAGIC.

March 27, 2012

So mark your calendars and all, everybody!

Also, my friend Stacey Jay’s book DEAD ON THE DELTA released yesterday, and you should all go buy it. Really. I read it and loved it; it’s set in New Orleans, and there are wicked little faeries spreading disease and lots of bayou grime and booze, and it’s so well-written and exciting.

Go visit Stacey’s site to learn more. Or just run to the bookstore and grab it. Seriously. I honestly believe that if you like my books you’ll like this one.

CRAZY busy. We leave next week. I’m almost done with Book 5 and really think it’s pretty damn cool so far; of course, a surprise happened which means I have to go back and rewrite a ton of stuff, but I’m excited about the surprise.

And here’s a short snippet from SACRIFICIAL MAGIC:

His room hadn’t changed. The house hadn’t changed. Only the looks given her by the various guards or enforcers or whoever they were had; from bland acceptance to subtle suspicion.

And she’d changed, it seemed. At least a bit. In the car chatting all had been well, but when the door closed behind her it occurred to her how long it had been since she’d been there. And what had happened last time she’d been there. Happened several times and again in the morning, if memory served, which it did.

Another awkward moment when she started walking toward the bed, remembered, and turned back to the couch against the wall. Lex already sat there, lighting a cigarette, flipping a switch behind him so The Jam started playing in the background. King of his little room-castle, just like how one day he’d be king of this side of town.

“So what’s up?” The question sounded lame even to her, but she couldn’t think of anything else to say. The bed with its plain blue blanket and sheets loomed larger and larger in her vision.

9 comments to “SACRIFICIAL MAGIC Release date”

1. synde
    · June 1st, 2011 at 2:15 pm · Link

Yay…a release date…and in march…Synde gets a birthday present.. heh… great snippet! hugs 😛

· June 1st, 2011 at 4:32 pm · Link

That’s great news, Stace. I have something to look forward to other than the end of the world. :)

3. Allie
    · June 1st, 2011 at 6:30 pm · Link

Nooooooooooooooo!!!! Don’t stop there! Aaaargh!

4. Carrie
    · June 2nd, 2011 at 5:26 am · Link

You and JR Ward making me happy with the March release dates. TWO birthday presents for me. <3

Good luck with the move! And the book-writing!

5. midnightblooms
    · June 2nd, 2011 at 6:56 am · Link

LOL, I love the looming bed.

I love Terrible because I have a soft spot for tough guys, but I have a crush on Lex. The dynamic between Lex and Chess is so much fun to read.

6. Elishia
    · June 2nd, 2011 at 9:11 am · Link

sigh… I love me some Lex.

7. Stephanie D.
    · June 2nd, 2011 at 1:32 pm · Link

I love suprise snippits! this one is very intreging!

8. Mirren
    · June 8th, 2011 at 5:43 am · Link

i’m not sure i can wait that long for my chess and terrible fix!

hope you enjoy being back in the uk – you seem to have missed summer though – we had two good weeks in april and that seems to be our lot so far :s

9. Allie V.
    · July 2nd, 2011 at 5:55 pm · Link

I just finished the Chess Putnam series and really loved it. I can’t wait for book 4!!!

1. News – Sacraficial Magic Release Date | Yummy Men and Kick Ass Chicks