What Stace had to say on Monday, August 29th, 2011
So…yeah. This sucks.

I really, really hate to say this but…on Friday I emailed the organizers of Dragon*con to cancel my appearance.

We had some scheduling issues here that made it look like I wasn’t going to be able to go, but I was hope hope hoping, so I didn’t say anything or cancel. Then that stupid hurricane happened and flights were being canceled left right and center. I was supposed to fly standby and it was very clear to me–thanks to the airline rep I spoke to–that I had the proverbial snowball’s chance at making it at any point in the next week, really, much less Sun-Mon-Tues (my original plan), because of all the storm-stranded people who took precedence.

And at some point you start to wonder if the universe isn’t trying to tell you something, really.

So I don’t get to go. And I’m really just…I’m so sorry, and I’m so sad. Dragon*con is the highlight of my year, seriously, and I feel completely sick about this.

Fingers crossed for next year. I’m just…I can’t apologize enough, and I’m just devastated about this.

9 comments to “So…yeah. This sucks.”

1. swinka
    · August 29th, 2011 at 2:19 pm · Link

oh, I’m sooo disappointed 😥

2. Amy Ashley
    · August 29th, 2011 at 2:33 pm · Link

I’m so sorry for you. I’d bring over cocoa if I were closer. Or a cigar. Or just nail polish! Terrible timing with this storm.

3. T.
    · August 29th, 2011 at 2:40 pm · Link

Don’t feel bad! You already do so much, give so much, to both readers and writers everywhere – you know we LOVE LOVE LOVE you, Dragon*con or not. There’s always next year!

4. TM Thomas
    · August 29th, 2011 at 2:46 pm · Link

Don’t apologize. Things happen.
    It’d be cool if you could come stateside, but with the whole warrant still out there and whatnot, we can understand why you’re staying aborad.

5. Zerlina
    · August 29th, 2011 at 3:08 pm · Link

:( it happens, I already wailed and cried this weekend when the dragon con folks announced your cancelation. Now I can just hope that next year is a better year for travel

6. Geekamicus
    · August 30th, 2011 at 2:59 pm · Link

On the bright side, a bunch of people on my GoodReads board said they just discovered you due to the 99 cent deal. :mrgreen: (Just trying to make you feel better.)

7. Tim
    · September 2nd, 2011 at 12:45 pm · Link

Kinda random, but I’m reading your first book of the downisde ghosts. And it is awesome:O

7.1
      · September 3rd, 2011 at 2:16 pm · Link

Hey, thanks Tim! I’m really glad to hear it! (And hope you pass the word!)

8. Allison
    · September 6th, 2011 at 10:07 pm · Link

Hey! We totally missed you at Dragon*Con. (I understand why you couldn’t be there but I was still a lil sad.) I recently got Home Improvement: Undead Edition. Loved your story in it! I was able to get Charlaine Harris to sign my copy and I hope one day I can get you to as well! Fingers crossed for next year for sure!