What Stace had to say on Friday, November 14th, 2014
FIVE DOWN updates!

Okay, if you pre-ordered or have ordered since I posted Wednesday, you should have received either:

fivedowncover23

A. The file in the format you requested; or

B. An email from me asking what format you need.

If you pre-ordered or paid and have NOT received the file, please email me and let me know right away! I am 99.9% certain that everyone is taken care of, but in a situation like this I don’t want to assume and have you end up not getting something you should have.

Please note that all emails and files were sent to the email address listed by Paypal! (Unless you specifically requested otherwise in the Notes or Instructions.) So if you use AwesomeReader@gmail as your primary account, but have your Paypal set up under your old AwesomeReader@hotmail account or something, any correspondence from me would have gone to the hotmail account.

Now. As for the PDFs: I am having an absolute bitchfuck of a time trying to get the Table of Contents to work. I’ve done all of the things I was supposed to do and fiddled with all of the things I was supposed to fiddle with and it is just not. fucking. happening. So, rather than make anyone wait any longer, I’ve sent out the ToC-less PDFs, so at least you have them. I think this weekend I’m going to try re-formatting the entire thing from scratch, and see if maybe that fixes it. In that case, I’m happy to send new files to you PDF folks.

Also! It is UP on Amazon! It’s right here, for your Amazon-purchasing pleasure. (Link will open in new window/tab.)

I’m still waiting on B&N, sigh.

But, for you Nook-ers (or anyone else who does not want to buy from Amazon/doesn’t have a Kindle/whatever) you can still buy it directly from me.

The price is $3.49 (US$). Paypal is apparently set to GBP, in which case it’s apparently £2.20 at today’s exchange rate. Please let me know in the Instructions or wherever what format you want: .mobi, .epub, or PDF. (If you forget, no big deal; I’ll just email you and ask which you need, which is not a problem.)

Whatever you decide to do, thank you! It’s really exciting to see how enthusiastic you all are, and the lovely comments you’ve made so far about the new story PLAYING WITH FIRE have really been awesome to see. I’m so, so glad you like it!

15 comments to “FIVE DOWN updates!”

1. diana grubbs
    · November 14th, 2014 at 1:29 pm · Link

Is this what we “donated” funds for a few months ago via paypal? If so, I have not received my copy. Woot! I am pumped!

1.1
      · November 14th, 2014 at 1:37 pm · Link

It is! I emailed you yesterday to ask which file format you need–did it go into your spam, maybe?

Either way, just let me know what format and I’ll send it right to you! :) Thanks so much!

• diana grubbs
        1.1.1
        · November 14th, 2014 at 2:45 pm · Link

Not in spam..just to many emails in inbox and I did not see it. EPUB would be fantastic. Big Happy Dance going on over here!!

2. Ashley
    · November 14th, 2014 at 6:15 pm · Link

I am super excited to hear about this, but I’m an old school girl and prefer the paperback. I know it is not in the forecast, but just a vote in case you’re interested. :) More Downside makes me really happy.

2.1
      · November 15th, 2014 at 9:16 pm · Link

I am interested, Ashley, absolutely! I always want to know what it is you guys want–and I haven’t ruled out a print edition, it’s just not something I’m focusing on at the moment. :)

Meanwhile, you can print out the PDF, if you just want to read on paper instead of a screen (I sympathize, believe me)? If you order from me & let me know in the Instructions that you want to print it out, I’ll see if I can format it into something easier to print/that uses less paper.

Again, not ideal, I know, but something? :)

• Ashley
        2.1.1
        · November 16th, 2014 at 3:30 pm · Link

Thank you! I went ahead and ordered it from Amazon on to my Kindle – which you’re right, is not my preferred method of reading, but I didn’t want to miss it. :) I will buy any kind of paperback as well.

Thank you so much for answering my question/comment. 😀

3. Mehitobel
    · November 14th, 2014 at 8:14 pm · Link

Yay! Which is better for your bottom line or sales ranking, buying direct or through Amazon? I’m ready to do whichever one you prefer. So excited!

• Mehitobel
      3.1
      · November 15th, 2014 at 5:23 pm · Link

Never mind, I’ve now read your response to the same question another reader had on your last post. Probably should have checked there first but I got overexcited. :)

3.1.1
        · November 15th, 2014 at 9:18 pm · Link

Excitement = good!! Thank you! 😀

4. Marilyn
    · November 18th, 2014 at 4:05 am · Link

Ordered and ePub version and can’t wait. It defaulted to GBP and couldn’t be bother working out the foreign exchange so processed it for £3.00. Hope this is ok :)

5. Sammy Pitnick
    · December 5th, 2014 at 5:58 pm · Link

I’ve never loved a series as much as I love this one, and the new short story is no exception.:) Great job Stacia!

6. Kinga
    · December 25th, 2014 at 5:41 pm · Link

I would love to read Five down but i can’t :( I live in Poland, can’t buy a book on Amazon, becouse i can’t pay for it. I really love all you downside series (3 have been translated into Polish, the rest i had read in Eanglish). I hope that someday there will be ebook on some Polish side, if not then I will cry. Big greetings from Poland! :)

6.1
      · January 6th, 2015 at 8:05 pm · Link

Hi Kinga!

The Paypal option is still open, if you can use that? If not, email me through the Contact page here on the site, okay, and we can figure something out. :)

7. Samantha
    · January 13th, 2015 at 1:50 pm · Link

Stacia, after I read Five Down I stared re-reading the series and wanted to let you know I love it as much this third time through as I did the first. I’m not usually a fan of genre fiction but I adore yours. Thanks for sharing your incredible talent with us!

8. kathy soltwedell
    · March 15th, 2015 at 3:47 pm · Link

I’ve enjoyed all the Downside books, Chess and Terribles story is so good. Though took awhile for me to get into the first one, from there, I didn’t want to stop. I’ve read the shorter e-books, and I like them, but prefer the novel format. More time for character and story. Hope you will continue with the series, I’m sure you can come up with more obstacles and at least small triumphs for Chess. Thanks for a great series.