What Stace had to say on Wednesday, November 11th, 2015
Big Sale! Etc.

Hey guys!

Random House has put UNHOLY GHOSTS (ebook format) on sale for 99 cents! The sale ends on Friday, so snap up your copy now, wherever it is that you buy your ebooks.

I am hard, hard at work here, putting the finishing touches on MADE FOR SIN (which I really hope you guys are going to like), editing another new project, and of course working on Downside 6 and the next Terrible-POV book, all of which I’m hoping to be able to give you guys some news on soon.

Everything else (meaning, things that aren’t writing) is kind of falling by the wayside, sigh, but the hubs and I have been really enjoying watching Fargo (we finally sat down to Season One and loved it, and are enjoying S2 almost as much so far) and a couple of other shows–I’ve kind of cooled on The Walking Dead so far this season, but that will change when Jeffrey Dean Morgan shows up, obviously.

Meanwhile, sigh. A friend of ours had a relative who had a pregnant cocker spaniel, and we were really thinking of getting a puppy for the girls for Christmas. Unfortunately, they want waaaaay more money for one than we can afford to spend or are interested in spending (in US dollars it’d be about $800), so we’re a bit disappointed there. When did puppies become so expensive? I remember when you used to see ads for free-to-a-good-home in the paper all the time, but not anymore, at least not here. I know that’s a good thing, of course, because it means spay/neuter rates are up, it’s just odd how much things have changed.

I’ve never really gotten a puppy before–our last dog came from the pound, and that’s usually my first port of call, so to speak. But listen, guys. My girls have never had a pet (aside from their beta fish, Gary, a few years ago, who sadly only lived a few months). They’re both a little scared of dogs (they love them, don’t get me wrong, but they’re not entirely comfortable around them at the moment), so we’d like to get them a baby that they won’t be frightened of or nervous about, that they can be comfortable with and then, of course, keep being comfortable with as it grows. Puppies seem to be incredibly rare at local shelters etc.; we’ve never seen one available, and we’ve been checking their websites on and off for a few years. So we’re thinking we may have to put the puppy plan on hold for a bit, sadly. Of course, since we’d planned this as quite the showstopper gift…again, sigh. Not the end of the world, but still disappointing.

Also disappointing is the fact that this is all the time I have; back to work with me!

7 comments to “Big Sale! Etc.”

1. Sammy Pitnick
    · November 11th, 2015 at 8:34 pm · Link

A few things-
    1. I’m super excited about all the projects you have going!
    2. Jeffrey Dean Morgan- hell yes… Just saying
    3. Perhaps look for a mutt, usually all the ridiculous prices are for the pure breds, and mutts are awesome-

2. Erin
    · November 12th, 2015 at 10:34 am · Link

How lucky you are in your area that puppies aren’t at the pound. In my county they put down 300 cats and 300 dogs a month, many of them kittens and puppies. How tragic! Puppies are adorable but a lot of work. The nature of the thing, but may be good if your kids are hesitant around them

Thanks for all the update news on your writing as well.

3. Southpaw
    · November 15th, 2015 at 11:24 am · Link

Yeah, puppies are really expensive nowadays, though thats understandable since it’s the first owner who usually takes care of getting them chipped and registering them and all that stuff. But I suggest that maybe you could look out for small sized breeds, if you happen to find suitable adult dog that way? Dachshund as an example or some kind of terrier? If it’s the size that gets girls uncomfortable, maybe small sized adult dog would be almost as good than getting a puppy :)

4. Sarah
    · November 18th, 2015 at 8:32 am · Link

I have been patiently waiting for three years for a new Chess book, I can’t wait anymore, I beg you to please finish so I can finally read my favorite series. I am a very avid reader. I have to say I have read at least 2,000 books in my lifetime and of all two thousand books that I have read, I have never felt the connection that I feel with Chess. Thank you for these books and for creating chess and some one that I can relate to, you’re an amazingly talented writer.

5. Angela UK
    · December 7th, 2015 at 7:04 am · Link

Have you tried looking at the preloved website? People advertise non-pedigree puppies, on there quite often, as well as more expensive pedigree ones.

6. Sarah
    · December 30th, 2015 at 2:57 pm · Link

I need a new downside book so bad, it has been so long and I have re-read 1-5 at least four times, at first you had them come out like hot cakes, back to back to back it was so exciting, not to have to wait a year or two for the next book and now… I’m missing Chess & Terrible and to see where they are now, keep working hard, I can’t wait for book 6!!!!